[ANN/ADV] Registration and CFP Now Open for Ruby Hoedown 2009

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeremy McAnally, Jun 12, 2009.

  1. Hello all,
    I just opened registration and the CFP for the Ruby Hoedown 2009. In
    previous years we've hosted great speakers like Bruce Tate, Chad
    Fowler, Marcel Molina, Jr., Jim Weirich, and Joe O'Brien. This year
    we're hosting...well, you'll just have to wait and see.

    This year, we're having the conference in Nashville, TN, at the
    OpryLand Hotel on August 28-29. The cost is a measly $0; that's
    right: it's free!

    So, feel free to mosy on over to http://rubyhoedown.com and submit a
    talk and/or register up. We're looking for technical talks on just
    about any topic related to Ruby, so if you've got something you're
    itching to talk about, let us know. We'd love to hear from you!

    If you're just going to register, then go ahead. We have a few ticket
    types (you can just get a free ticket, buy a shirt, include a
    donation, etc.) and a sweet group code for the OpryLand ($109 a night!
    That's like half off!).

    If you'd like to sponsor us, then check out the prospectus here:
    http://rubyhoedown.com/hoedown-sponsor.pdf

    We look forward to seeing you in Nashville in August! In the mean
    time, follow @hoedown for news and announcements (including our
    imminent announcement of the keynote...).

    Thanks!
    Jeremy and the rest of the Hoedown team

    --
    http://jeremymcanally.com/