[ANN][ADV] Ruby Hoedown 2008 Talks Selected and Registration Open!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeremy McAnally, Jun 10, 2008.

  1. Hello all!
    I'm really excited to announce that the Ruby Hoedown (sponsored by
    Engine Yard and Hashrocket) has completed its CFP and has selected
    talks. Here are the selections:

    Archaeopteryx: A Ruby MIDI Generator (Giles Bowkett)
    Ruby: A Year of Innovation (Gregg Pollack & Jason Seifer)
    flog << Test.new (Rick Bradley)
    Ruby Best Practice Patterns (Rein Henrichs)
    The Future is Now: Leveraging the Cloud with Ruby (Robert Dempsey)
    Ruleby: the Rule Engine for Ruby (Joe Kutner)
    Call Your Code: Gluing Phone Calls to Ruby (Troy Davis)

    We'll also be having a Charity Tutorial Breakfast with Jim Weirich /
    Joe O`Brien where they'll discuss mocking (who does it, why do it, why
    it's cool, and when it sucks!) with us. You won't want to miss it!

    Find out more information about the talks and speakers here:
    http://www.rubyhoedown.com/#talks

    Or you can go ahead and register here (it's only $199!):
    http://rubyhoedown.eventwax.com/ruby-hoedown-2008/register

    Any questions can be directed to this message, to myself off list, or
    organizers /at/ rubyhoedown.com.

    Thanks so much!
    Jeremy McAnally (and the rest of the Ruby Hoedown team)

    P.S. - We're still looking for sponsors! Get more info here:
    http://www.rubyhoedown.com/sponsor_us.html

    --
    http://jeremymcanally.com/
    http://entp.com