    My books:
    http://manning.com/mcanally/
    http://humblelittlerubybook.com/ (FREE!)
    Jeremy McAnally, Aug 1, 2008

  2. Re: The Rubyist -- a semi-monthly magazine for Rubyists AVAILABLE NOW

    Sam Smoot wrote:
    > On Aug 1, 2:08�am, "Jeremy McAnally" <> wrote:
    >> Hello all,
    >> Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that the first issue
    >> of The Rubyist, a technical magazine focused on Ruby, is available in
    >> print and PDF now.

    > Hmm... purchased, but I must be blind because I don't see a PDF link
    > anywhere?
    >
    > -Sam

    You can read it if you can by clicking "Show preview" on purchase site
    Mateusz Tybura, Aug 1, 2008

  3. Jeremy McAnally

    James Britt Guest

    Jeremy McAnally wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that the first issue
    > of The Rubyist, a technical magazine focused on Ruby, is available in
    > print and PDF now. Our first issue has articles from Ben Scofield,
    > Giles Bowkett, Rein Henrichs, and others. Be sure to check it out!

    Neat.

    What do you pay authors?

    --
    James Britt

    www.happycamperstudios.com - Wicked Cool Coding
    James Britt, Aug 1, 2008
  4. Jeremy McAnally

    James Britt Guest

    Mateusz Tybura wrote:
    > Sam Smoot wrote:
    >> On Aug 1, 2:08�am, "Jeremy McAnally" <> wrote:
    >>> Hello all,
    >>> Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that the first issue
    >>> of The Rubyist, a technical magazine focused on Ruby, is available in
    >>> print and PDF now.

    >> Hmm... purchased, but I must be blind because I don't see a PDF link
    >> anywhere?
    >>
    >> -Sam

    > You can read it if you can by clicking "Show preview" on purchase site

    I get this from that link:

    −
    <error>
    <code>1001</code>
    <message>Resource Not Found:Invalid REST call</message>
    <description/>
    <resourceId>GET /</resourceId>
    </error

    James Britt, Aug 1, 2008
  5. I'll be paying a guarantee + a % of sales. That seems to work out
    best for everyone I think. :)

    --Jeremy

    --
    http://jeremymcanally.com/
    http://entp.com/

    Jeremy McAnally, Aug 1, 2008
  6. Jeremy McAnally

    James Britt Guest

    Jeremy McAnally wrote:
    > I'll be paying a guarantee + a % of sales. That seems to work out
    > best for everyone I think. :)

    I was looking more for a number (e.g., $30, $300, whatever).

    Are the authoring details (payments scheme, rights, expected length and
    format) posted anyplace?

    Thanks, and best of luck with this. My past experience as editor of
    Ruby Code & Style tells me this is not an easy venture.

    James Britt, Aug 1, 2008
  7. I'm currently building the site up, and I'm actually working on that
    stuff first since the whole thing is powered by contribution. I can
    ping you off list when that stuff is up and ready if you'd like.

    Thanks!
    Jeremy

    Jeremy McAnally, Aug 1, 2008
  8. Jeremy McAnally

    James Britt Guest

    Jeremy McAnally wrote:
    > I'm currently building the site up, and I'm actually working on that
    > stuff first since the whole thing is powered by contribution. I can
    > ping you off list when that stuff is up and ready if you'd like.

    Please do; thanks.

    James Britt, Aug 2, 2008
  9. On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Jeremy McAnally
    <> wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that the first issue
    > of The Rubyist, a technical magazine focused on Ruby, is available in
    > print and PDF now. Our first issue has articles from Ben Scofield,
    > Giles Bowkett, Rein Henrichs, and others. Be sure to check it out!
    >
    > Learn a little more and purchase a copy here: http://therubyist.com
    >
    > Any questions can be directed to . :)
    >
    > Thanks so much!
    > Jeremy and the Rubyist team
    >
    > --
    > http://jeremymcanally.com/
    > http://entp.com/
    > http://omgbloglol.com
    >
    > My books:
    > http://manning.com/mcanally/
    > http://humblelittlerubybook.com/ (FREE!)

    Great job! My printed copied showed up in the mail today and it looks
    great. MagCloud ships the magazine in a plastic sleeve so my copy is
    pristine.

    When I made my purchase I couldn't find a place in the order form to
    the let the publisher know I wanted to have recurring subscription.
    Did I miss that or does the publisher not offer a recurring
    subscription?

    Also, and RSS feed on the The Rubist site http://therubyist.com/ would
    be great as well. I want to be sure to order the next copy when it
    becomes available.

    Thanks
    Mike

    --