[ANN/ADV] Training: Intro to Ruby, with Black & Kastner, Sept. 14-17

David A. Black

Hi everyone --

I am delighted to announce an upcoming Ruby Power and Light training
course, to be taught jointly by me and Erik Kastner:

Introduction to Ruby
September 14-17
Edison, New Jersey, USA

The course will be held at the new, very up-to-date training facilities
of Exceed Education in the Raritan Center. There are lots of hotels in
the Raritan Center itself, and nearby.

It's an intro course, but fast-paced. Erik and I will start you out
with basic Ruby syntax and techniques, and take you through the Ruby
object model, built-in classes, string and text handling, sockets and
network programming, code testing, metaprogramming, and many more
subtopics. There's lots of hands-on work and mentoring from both
instructors.

The course is ideal for you if you are:

* a programmer who's new to Ruby
* a Rubyist who wants to review and learn the language deeply and
systematically

The cost for this four-day course is: $1600 early-bird (through August
30), $1750 regular (August 31-September 10).

For more info, see the course page at Exceed Education:
http://rubyurl.com/vmzN. The page includes registration instructions.

We hope to see you there!

David, for David and Erik

Now available: The Well-Grounded Rubyist (http://manning.com/black2)
Training! Intro to Ruby, with Black & Kastner, September 14-17
More info: http://rubyurl.com/vmzN