ANN: advocacy article: Why your organization needs Python

Stephen Ferg

I have posted an article called "Python: Programming the Way Guido
Indented It" at

http://www.ferg.org/papers/ferg--why_we_want_python.html

This is a lightly edited version of an article that I wrote for my
office's technical newsletter. It covers what Python is and why your
office needs it (complete with code sample and pictures) in only two
pages. (!)

It might be useful for your own office if your office has a technical
newsletter. Or it might be useful if you need to make the case for
Python to a busy manager who doesn't have time to read more than two
pages.

Feel free to copy and modify it as you see fit to meet your own needs.
I hereby place it in the public domain.

Please: no e-mail about how something in the article isn't EXACTLY
right, or easygui isn't part of the Python standard library, or
disagreeing with the assessment of Perl, or failing to boldly assert
that Python is much more than a scripting language, and so on. This
is an admitted piece of Python advocacy aimed at a non-technical to
semi-technical audience that has never heard of Python and possibly
never even heard of Perl. For that purpose, I'm pretty happy with it.

I hope you'll find it useful.

-- Steve Ferg ([email protected])