[ANN] aeditor 1.0 released

Simon Strandgaard

Thank you for your effort, sorry for not answering. I have tried this
version, but there seems to be another issue here (see attached file).
Can anyone confirm this on windows ? I don't know what that is since I
haven't had the time to trace this...

btw: ruby 1.8.1 (2003-12-25) [i386-mingw32]

I had a chat session with Robert Klemme, who experienced almost the same,
but Robert unfortunatly had to go.. so we never hunted it down.

Today Robert Klemme got it hunted down.. the recursion no longer happens.
You will need to fetch the CVS version of 'viewfox.rb' and replace it with the
old one, installed on your computer.
http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcv...=HEAD&cvsroot=aeditor&content-type=text/plain

now the editor should startup on windows.

If you experience abnormal behavier, then please report back, what happened,
what did you do before it happened... (maybe you also know whats went wrong).

what monospaced font should aeditor default to on windows?

please mail me some screenshots, weather or not you manage to get it working
on windows. My mind only find rest when I can see it is actually working.

Thanks to: you, riffraff, batsman, botp, dr_bob, for putting huge efforts into
getting this program working.

Lothar Scholz

Hello Simon,

SS> If you experience abnormal behavier, then please report back, what happened,
SS> what did you do before it happened... (maybe you also know whats went wrong).

SS> what monospaced font should aeditor default to on windows?

Maybe someone can help me too. Is there any unicode monospaced font on
windows that can display japanese characters ?

I also want to test my editor :)

And by the way: my default is "Courier New" 10 point.

Kaspar Schiess

Neil Hodgson

Lothar Scholz:
Maybe someone can help me too. Is there any unicode monospaced font on
windows that can display japanese characters ?

With Japanese, 'monospaced' tends to mean 'duospaced' instead with full
width (Japanese ideographs) and half width (ASCII and Katakana) characters.
This was easy to cope with in previous times where the full width characters
were two bytes in a DBCS encoding and half width were one byte. With
Unicode, this correspondence is no longer true. There are also full width
versions of the ASCII characters (U+FF01...) but you don't want to be
forcing people to use them in an editor as they make the text very sparse.
Duospaced fonts readily available on Windows are MS Mincho (serif) and MS
Gothic (sans serif).

Neil