[ANN] aeditor 1.3 (now works on windows) is released

Simon Strandgaard

This application is a programmers editor.

screenshots:
http://aeditor.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?MainThemes

download:
http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/942/aeditor-1.3.tar.gz

since last announcement, I have gotten bunches help
so that aeditor now also works on windows (It didn't work earlier).
there has been fixed many other things.
A turbo pascal theme has been added.
I am grateful for massive help I have gotten.. Thanks.

Im soon going on vacation 3 week, so don't expect
answers in that period.. I will be back 1 august.

If you make somehow changes or has ideas for changes,
then please share. Contact me and I will see what I can do.

Thanks in advance

--
Simon Strandgaard

Installation Guide (Windows)
============================

This program has 2 dependencies.

dependency#1 Ruby 1.8.1 or better
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167
be sure that 'fxruby' gets installed.

depencency#2 iterator 0.8 or better

Install this program by following these 3 steps:

C:\somewhere> ruby install.rb config

C:\somewhere> ruby install.rb setup

C:\somewhere> ruby install.rb install

Lets check that this program are working as its supposed to.

C:\somewhere> editor -v
versions:
editor "1.2"
fox toolkit "1.0.43"
fxruby "1.0.25"
iterator "0.8"
ruby "1.8.1"

other info:
platform "windows"

If you don't get similar output, then you maybe
hasn't installed the dependencies correct.

You may now start the program

C:\somewhere> editor

Congratulations. Remember this program is open source and
that the author doesn't make profit on it.
He appreciates whatever feedback he gets.

Please report if this program behaves abnormal in any way,
if there are unacceptable slowdowns, if the program mysticly dies.
There are always room for improvment, if you have ideas
then please share them with the author.

authors mail adress <[email protected]>

Installation Guide (Unix/Linux/BSD)
===================================

This program has 3 dependencies.

dependency#1 Ruby 1.8.1 or better

dependency#2 fxruby 1.0.x (doesn't yet work with 1.2.x)
http://fxruby.sourceforge.net/

depencency#3 iterator 0.8 or better

Install this program by following these 3 steps:
Beware, last step may require root permissions.

prompt> ruby install.rb config

prompt> ruby install.rb setup

prompt> ruby install.rb install

Lets check that this program are working as its supposed to.

prompt> editor -v
versions:
editor "1.2"
fox toolkit "1.0.43"
fxruby "1.0.25"
iterator "0.8"
ruby "1.8.1"

other info:
platform "unix"

If you don't get similar output, then you maybe
hasn't installed the dependencies correct.

You may now start the program

prompt> editor