[ANN] Alternative Readline 1.6 (for Python 2.3 and higher) released

Chris Gonnerman

I am happy to finally announce the release of a corrected version of
my Alternative Readline for Python. This new version 1.6 has the
prompt bug fixed thanks to Andre Alves.

WHAT IS IT?

The Alternative Readline for Python provides basic command-line
recall and editing for Python on Win32 platforms. While Python
2.3 contains this functionality for newer platforms, making my
"alternative" version obsolete, older platforms such as Windows
98 and Me may still need this module.

WHERE IS IT?

You can get the source archive and/or the Python 2.3 installer from
my website:

http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/readline.html

Thanks again to Andre Alves for taking the time to find this bug!

-- Chris.