[ANN] ap4r-0.2.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Guest, Oct 18, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    AP4R version 0.2.0 has been released!

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/ap4r/

    Changes:
    == 0.2.0 (October 17th, 2006)
    * Added: Protocols to invoke asynchronous logics
    * Added: At-lease-once QoS

    Now, asynchronous processes are called via various protocols, such as XML-RPC, SOAP, raw HTTP.
    Especially raw HTTP is very convenient, compared to XML-RPC which needs Struct class, or SOAP which needs wsdl definition.
    And using store and forward function, at-least-omce QoS level is provided.

    If you have any problems please let me know ( or you can tell me at RubyConf ) .

    == What's AP4R ?
    AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, is the implementation of
    reliable asynchronous message processing. It provides message
    queuing, and message dispatching.

    Using asynchronous processing, we can cut down turn-around-time
    of web applications by queuing, or can utilize more machine power
    by load-balancing.

    Also AP4R nicely ties with your Ruby on Rails applications.
    See HelloWorld sample application from rubyforge.

    --
    Kato, Kiwamu kato.kiwamu / future.co.jp
    Shinohara, Shunichi shinohara.shunichi / future.co.jp

    Kiwamu Kato
    Future System Consulting Corp. Shibuya Shin-minamiguchi Bldg
    3-28-13 Shibuya Shibuya-ku Tokyo, 150-0002 Japan
    E-mail: kato.kiwamu / future.co.jp
    Guest, Oct 18, 2006