[ANN] AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, initial release

Guest

We are pleased to announce the FIRST release of AP4R.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ap4r/

== DESCRIPTION

AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, is the implementation of
reliable asynchronous message processing. It provides message
queuing, and message dispatching.

Using asynchronous processing, we can cut down turn-around-time
of web applications by queuing, or can utilize more machine power
by load-balancing.

Also AP4R nicely ties with your Ruby on Rails applications.
See HelloWorld sample application from rubyforge.

== INSTALLATION

sudo gem install ap4r

== FEATURES

* Business logics can be implemented as simple Web applications,
or ruby code, whether it's called asynchronously or synchronously.

* Asynchronous messaging are reliable by RDBMS persistence (now
MySQL only) or file persistence.

* Load balancing over multiple AP4R processes on single/multiple servers
is supported.

* Asynchronous processes are called via various protocols, such
as XML-RPC, SOAP, HTTP PUT, and more. (now implemented just as XML-RPC)

== CHANGES

This is the first release!

== ACKNOWLEDGMENT

K.K. and S.S. are on the payroll of Future System Consulting Corp. Japan.

--
Kato, Kiwamu (e-mail address removed)
Shinohara, Shunichi (e-mail address removed)

---------------------------------
SHINOHARA, Shun'ichi
Future System Consulting, Corp.
3-28-13 Shibuya Shibuya-Ku
Tokyo, JAPAN (ZIP 150-0002)
(e-mail address removed)

Bob Hutchison

We are pleased to announce the FIRST release of AP4R.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ap4r/

== DESCRIPTION

AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, is the implementation of
reliable asynchronous message processing. It provides message
queuing, and message dispatching.

Interesting. And the timing is nice, I'm just seriously looking into
this sort of thing now. How does your project relate to <http://
rubyforge.org/projects/reliable-msg/>?

Cheers,
Bob

----
Bob Hutchison -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/
hutch/>
Recursive Design Inc. -- <http://www.recursive.ca/>
Raconteur -- <http://www.raconteur.info/>
xampl for Ruby -- <http://rubyforge.org/projects/xampl/>

Francis Cianfrocca

Interesting. And the timing is nice, I'm just seriously looking into
this sort of thing now. How does your project relate to <http://
rubyforge.org/projects/reliable-msg/>?

It's built on top of reliable-msg.

Guest

Interesting. And the timing is nice, I'm just seriously looking into
It's built on top of reliable-msg.

Yes, it's completely owe message persistence to reliable-msg.
Main additional function of first version is dispatching messages
to Web server via XML-RPC.
So, we can build system with async processing just writing web
application e.g. with rails.

Another function is load-balancing amoung reliable-msg servers.
But its rather naive implementation, and doesn't work unless you
modify reliable-msg code a little.

Thank you for your interest!

Shinohara, Shunichi