[ANN] AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, initial release

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Guest, Sep 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    We are pleased to announce the FIRST release of AP4R.

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/ap4r/

    == DESCRIPTION

    AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, is the implementation of
    reliable asynchronous message processing. It provides message
    queuing, and message dispatching.

    Using asynchronous processing, we can cut down turn-around-time
    of web applications by queuing, or can utilize more machine power
    by load-balancing.

    Also AP4R nicely ties with your Ruby on Rails applications.
    See HelloWorld sample application from rubyforge.

    == INSTALLATION

    sudo gem install ap4r

    == FEATURES

    * Business logics can be implemented as simple Web applications,
    or ruby code, whether it's called asynchronously or synchronously.

    * Asynchronous messaging are reliable by RDBMS persistence (now
    MySQL only) or file persistence.

    * Load balancing over multiple AP4R processes on single/multiple servers
    is supported.

    * Asynchronous processes are called via various protocols, such
    as XML-RPC, SOAP, HTTP PUT, and more. (now implemented just as XML-RPC)

    == CHANGES

    This is the first release!

    == ACKNOWLEDGMENT

    K.K. and S.S. are on the payroll of Future System Consulting Corp. Japan.

    --
    Kato, Kiwamu
    Shinohara, Shunichi

    ---------------------------------
    SHINOHARA, Shun'ichi
    Future System Consulting, Corp.
    3-28-13 Shibuya Shibuya-Ku
    Tokyo, JAPAN (ZIP 150-0002)

    Guest, Sep 1, 2006

  2. On Sep 1, 2006, at 2:21 AM, <>
    <> wrote:

    > We are pleased to announce the FIRST release of AP4R.
    >
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/ap4r/
    >

    > == DESCRIPTION
    >
    > AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, is the implementation of
    > reliable asynchronous message processing. It provides message
    > queuing, and message dispatching.

    Interesting. And the timing is nice, I'm just seriously looking into
    this sort of thing now. How does your project relate to <http://
    rubyforge.org/projects/reliable-msg/>?

    Cheers,
    Bob

    ----
    Bob Hutchison -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/
    hutch/>
    Recursive Design Inc. -- <http://www.recursive.ca/>
    Raconteur -- <http://www.raconteur.info/>
    xampl for Ruby -- <http://rubyforge.org/projects/xampl/>

    Bob Hutchison, Sep 1, 2006

  3. On 9/1/06, Bob Hutchison <> wrote:

    > Interesting. And the timing is nice, I'm just seriously looking into
    > this sort of thing now. How does your project relate to <http://
    > rubyforge.org/projects/reliable-msg/>?

    It's built on top of reliable-msg.

    Francis Cianfrocca, Sep 1, 2006

    James Britt Guest

    James Britt, Sep 1, 2006

    Guest Guest

    >> Interesting. And the timing is nice, I'm just seriously looking into
    >> this sort of thing now. How does your project relate to <http://
    >> rubyforge.org/projects/reliable-msg/>?
    >>

    >It's built on top of reliable-msg.

    Yes, it's completely owe message persistence to reliable-msg.
    Main additional function of first version is dispatching messages
    to Web server via XML-RPC.
    So, we can build system with async processing just writing web
    application e.g. with rails.

    Another function is load-balancing amoung reliable-msg servers.
    But its rather naive implementation, and doesn't work unless you
    modify reliable-msg code a little.

    Thank you for your interest!

    Shinohara, Shunichi

    Guest, Sep 4, 2006