[ANN] Arachno Ruby IDE 0.5.5 for Linux

Lothar Scholz

Hello Daniel,

DB> Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?

Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?

Daniel Berger

Lothar said:
Hello Daniel,

DB> Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?

Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?

Either, but I was thinking sparc.

Dan

Lothar Scholz

Hello Daniel,
DB> Either, but I was thinking sparc.

Sorry, no chance for sparc hardware support.
On this platforms you must stay with FreeRide,Eclipse,Vi or Emacs.

dm1

Lothar said:
Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.

You can download a time unlimited trial version

The splashscreen says 30 days trial edition ?

So is it 30 days or time unlimited ?

But anyway, i'm impressed, it looks really nice.

Ciao

Denis

Lothar Scholz

Hello dm1,

d> The splashscreen says 30 days trial edition ?

d> So is it 30 days or time unlimited ?

It will not count down :)

d> But anyway, i'm impressed, it looks really nice.

Jay Levitt

Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.

That looks reeeeeally nice. Any chance of SFTP support any time soon?
That's really the only thing keeping me from using it. Right now I'm
using jEdit, which is ok but has too many quirks. Eclipse seems nice
but I don't want to have to go create a site to import files into a
project just to edit them.

Lothar Scholz

Hello Jay,

JL> That looks reeeeeally nice. Any chance of SFTP support any time soon?
JL> That's really the only thing keeping me from using it. Right now I'm
JL> using jEdit, which is ok but has too many quirks. Eclipse seems nice
JL> but I don't want to have to go create a site to import files into a
JL> project just to edit them.

The first arachno users maybe remember that during the 0.1 and 0.2
versions there was already FTP support. I disabled this during the 0.3
rewrite where i completely changed the file handling code - and until now
nobody asked about this again. When FTP comes back i think it's easy to get
SFTP and maybe even WebDAV (does anybody really use this ?) support.

Do you know any SFTP server that is easy to setup on my
development system ?

Richard Dale

Lothar said:
Hello Daniel,

DB> Either, but I was thinking sparc.

Sorry, no chance for sparc hardware support.
On this platforms you must stay with FreeRide,Eclipse,Vi or Emacs.
And KDevelop works fine on Solaris too.

Rob .

Jay said:
Right now I'm using jEdit, which is ok but has too many quirks.

Jay, what jEdit quirks are causing you problems? I'm working on the
next release of the Ruby Editor Plugin for jEdit, which along with
method auto-completion for the core Ruby types, will also fix some
quirks in the plugin's parsing of Ruby code.

If you let me know your problems I might be able to get a fix into the
next release if they're related to the plugin.

Cheers,
Rob

http://www.jedit.org/ruby/ - Another free Ruby IDE

Giovanni Degani

------=_Part_1607_33065271.1114523138743

CSS Syntax Highlighting is not working for me.
I created a new project with existing files ( Rails Site ) nad the several=
=20
css stylesheet files are not highlighted when I open them in the editor.

Thx.

2005/4/25 said:
=20
Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
=20
You can download a time unlimited trial version from:
=20
http://www.ruby-ide.com/download_ruby.php
=20
Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
=20
=20

--=20
Giovanni Degani
(e-mail address removed)
ICQ 965609

------=_Part_1607_33065271.1114523138743--

dm1

Lothar Scholz wrote:

Very nice, like i already said.
What charset/encoding does Arachno Ruby support ? Is there an option for
changing file encoding ? I did not find anything concerning that in the
menus :(

Thanks

Denis

Lothar Scholz

Hello dm1,

d> Lothar Scholz wrote:

d> Very nice, like i already said.
d> What charset/encoding does Arachno Ruby support ? Is there an option for
d> changing file encoding ? I did not find anything concerning that in the
d> menus :(

No. It's using the FOX toolkit and the current version does not
support anything else then ISO-8859-1. I want to wait with adding all
other the encodings until FOX goes unicode. I hope this happens until
end of year which means it would fall into the time schedule for the
1.0 release.

Lothar Scholz

Hello Giovanni,

GD> CSS Syntax Highlighting is not working for me.
GD> I created a new project with existing files ( Rails Site ) nad the several
GD> css stylesheet files are not highlighted when I open them in the editor.

Yes i see. Will fix this soon.

Lothar Scholz

Hello Jason,

JG> Under Linux or OS X I think OpenSSH is probably the way to go. There is a
JG> cygwin port for windows but well, it's cygwin ;)
JG> <http://www.openssh.org/>

JG> I didn't seem too hard to build and setup the last time I did it.

Yes, cygwin took less then 15 min to install the whole thing, generate
all keys and setup an openssh service. So i will begin hacking soon.

Was just confused that we have SFTP (simple file transfer), TFTP
(trivial file transfer), FTP (file transfer) and SFTP (secure file
transfer). But don't we all love acronyms ?

Daniel Bovensiepen

Hi Lothar,

On your Website I see you working on a Mac OS X Version. What is the current
state of this Version?

mfg
Daniel Bovensiepen

Lothar Scholz

Hello Daniel,

DB> Hi Lothar,

DB> On your Website I see you working on a Mac OS X Version. What is the current
DB> state of this Version?

You can take a look at http://www.ruby-ide.com/downloads/ruby/ArachnoRuby-0.4.12.dmg
Theres a dylib mismatch in the expat parser on Tiger, so you need Panther to run it.

Most serious problems: keycodes, font problems and a crash on the
first run of a ruby program (as the ruby1.8.2.dylib is not detected
on the first run with a modified DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH).

As i'm now adding more features to the version, the next MacOSX
iteration has to wait 2 more month.

Daniel Bovensiepen

Thanks a lot for this fast reply. Are you intersting in Bugreports? Or
should I wait till the next release come out?

Am 27.04.2005 0:29 Uhr schrieb "Lothar Scholz" unter

Lothar Scholz

Hello Giovanni,

GD> CSS Syntax Highlighting is not working for me.
GD> I created a new project with existing files ( Rails Site ) nad the several
GD> css stylesheet files are not highlighted when I open them in the editor.

GD> Thx.

This is fixed in the new download, there were also minor problems with
Javascript and HTML files.

Please get it again from http://www.ruby-ide.com