    You can download a time unlimited trial version from:

    http://www.ruby-ide.com/download_ruby.php

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Apr 25, 2005

  2. Lothar Scholz wrote:
    > Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
    > ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
    >
    > You can download a time unlimited trial version from:
    >
    > http://www.ruby-ide.com/download_ruby.php

    Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?

    Regards,

    Dan
    Daniel Berger, Apr 25, 2005

  3. Hello Daniel,

    DB> Lothar Scholz wrote:
    >> Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
    >> ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
    >>
    >> You can download a time unlimited trial version from:
    >>
    >> http://www.ruby-ide.com/download_ruby.php
    >>

    DB> Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?

    Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Apr 25, 2005
  4. Lothar Scholz wrote:
    > Hello Daniel,
    >
    > DB> Lothar Scholz wrote:
    >
    >>>Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
    >>>ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
    >>>
    >>>You can download a time unlimited trial version from:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.ruby-ide.com/download_ruby.php
    >>>

    > DB> Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?
    >
    > Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?

    Either, but I was thinking sparc.

    Dan
    Daniel Berger, Apr 25, 2005
  5. Hello Daniel,

    >> DB> Any chance of a Solaris version anytime soon?
    >>
    >> Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?

    DB> Either, but I was thinking sparc.

    Sorry, no chance for sparc hardware support.
    On this platforms you must stay with FreeRide,Eclipse,Vi or Emacs.

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Apr 25, 2005
  6. Lothar Scholz

    dm1 Guest

    Lothar Scholz wrote:

    > Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
    > ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
    >
    > You can download a time unlimited trial version

    The splashscreen says 30 days trial edition ?

    So is it 30 days or time unlimited ?

    But anyway, i'm impressed, it looks really nice.

    Ciao

    Denis
    dm1, Apr 25, 2005
  7. Hello dm1,

    d> The splashscreen says 30 days trial edition ?

    d> So is it 30 days or time unlimited ?

    It will not count down :)

    Lothar Scholz, Apr 25, 2005
  8. Lothar Scholz

    Jay Levitt Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
    > ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.

    That looks reeeeeally nice. Any chance of SFTP support any time soon?
    That's really the only thing keeping me from using it. Right now I'm
    using jEdit, which is ok but has too many quirks. Eclipse seems nice
    but I don't want to have to go create a site to import files into a
    project just to edit them.

    --
    Jay Levitt |
    Wellesley, MA | I feel calm. I feel ready. I can only
    Jay Levitt, Apr 25, 2005
  9. Hello Jay,

    JL> In article <>,
    JL> says...
    >> Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
    >> ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.

    JL> That looks reeeeeally nice. Any chance of SFTP support any time soon?
    JL> That's really the only thing keeping me from using it. Right now I'm
    JL> using jEdit, which is ok but has too many quirks. Eclipse seems nice
    JL> but I don't want to have to go create a site to import files into a
    JL> project just to edit them.

    The first arachno users maybe remember that during the 0.1 and 0.2
    versions there was already FTP support. I disabled this during the 0.3
    rewrite where i completely changed the file handling code - and until now
    nobody asked about this again. When FTP comes back i think it's easy to get
    SFTP and maybe even WebDAV (does anybody really use this ?) support.

    Do you know any SFTP server that is easy to setup on my
    development system ?

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Apr 26, 2005
  10. Lothar Scholz

    Richard Dale Guest

    Lothar Scholz wrote:

    > Hello Daniel,

    >>> Do you mean Solaris for x86 or for SPARC workstations ?

    > DB> Either, but I was thinking sparc.
    >
    > Sorry, no chance for sparc hardware support.
    > On this platforms you must stay with FreeRide,Eclipse,Vi or Emacs.

    And KDevelop works fine on Solaris too.
    Richard Dale, Apr 26, 2005
  11. Lothar Scholz

    Rob . Guest

    Jay Levitt wrote:
    > Right now I'm using jEdit, which is ok but has too many quirks.

    Jay, what jEdit quirks are causing you problems? I'm working on the
    next release of the Ruby Editor Plugin for jEdit, which along with
    method auto-completion for the core Ruby types, will also fix some
    quirks in the plugin's parsing of Ruby code.

    If you let me know your problems I might be able to get a fix into the
    next release if they're related to the plugin.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    http://www.jedit.org/ruby/ - Another free Ruby IDE
    Rob ., Apr 26, 2005
  12. ------=_Part_1607_33065271.1114523138743

    CSS Syntax Highlighting is not working for me.
    I created a new project with existing files ( Rails Site ) nad the several=
    =20
    css stylesheet files are not highlighted when I open them in the editor.

    Thx.

    2005/4/25, Lothar Scholz <>:
    >=20
    > Arachno Ruby IDE is an integrated development environment for the
    > ruby programming language. It contains a first class editor and debugger.
    >=20
    > You can download a time unlimited trial version from:
    >=20
    > http://www.ruby-ide.com/download_ruby.php
    >=20
    > --
    > Best regards, emailto: scholz at scriptolutions dot com
    > Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    > CTO Scriptolutions Ruby, PHP, Python IDE 's
    >=20
    >=20

    --=20
    Giovanni Degani

    ICQ 965609

    ------=_Part_1607_33065271.1114523138743--
    Giovanni Degani, Apr 26, 2005
  13. Lothar Scholz

    dm1 Guest

    Lothar Scholz wrote:

    Very nice, like i already said.
    What charset/encoding does Arachno Ruby support ? Is there an option for
    changing file encoding ? I did not find anything concerning that in the
    menus :(

    Thanks

    Denis

    dm1, Apr 26, 2005
  14. Hello dm1,

    d> Lothar Scholz wrote:

    d> Very nice, like i already said.
    d> What charset/encoding does Arachno Ruby support ? Is there an option for
    d> changing file encoding ? I did not find anything concerning that in the
    d> menus :(

    No. It's using the FOX toolkit and the current version does not
    support anything else then ISO-8859-1. I want to wait with adding all
    other the encodings until FOX goes unicode. I hope this happens until
    end of year which means it would fall into the time schedule for the
    1.0 release.

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Apr 26, 2005
  15. Hello Giovanni,

    GD> CSS Syntax Highlighting is not working for me.
    GD> I created a new project with existing files ( Rails Site ) nad the several
    GD> css stylesheet files are not highlighted when I open them in the editor.

    Yes i see. Will fix this soon.

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Apr 26, 2005
  16. Hello Jason,

    JG> On 4/25/2005 19:28, Lothar Scholz wrote:

    >> Do you know any SFTP server that is easy to setup on my
    >> development system ?

    JG> Under Linux or OS X I think OpenSSH is probably the way to go. There is a
    JG> cygwin port for windows but well, it's cygwin ;)
    JG> <http://www.openssh.org/>

    JG> I didn't seem too hard to build and setup the last time I did it.

    Yes, cygwin took less then 15 min to install the whole thing, generate
    all keys and setup an openssh service. So i will begin hacking soon.

    Was just confused that we have SFTP (simple file transfer), TFTP
    (trivial file transfer), FTP (file transfer) and SFTP (secure file
    transfer). But don't we all love acronyms ?

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Apr 26, 2005
  17. Hi Lothar,

    On your Website I see you working on a Mac OS X Version. What is the current
    state of this Version?

    mfg
    Daniel Bovensiepen
    Daniel Bovensiepen, Apr 26, 2005
  18. Hello Daniel,

    DB> Hi Lothar,

    DB> On your Website I see you working on a Mac OS X Version. What is the current
    DB> state of this Version?

    You can take a look at http://www.ruby-ide.com/downloads/ruby/ArachnoRuby-0.4.12.dmg
    Theres a dylib mismatch in the expat parser on Tiger, so you need Panther to run it.

    Most serious problems: keycodes, font problems and a crash on the
    first run of a ruby program (as the ruby1.8.2.dylib is not detected
    on the first run with a modified DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH).

    As i'm now adding more features to the version, the next MacOSX
    iteration has to wait 2 more month.

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Apr 26, 2005
  19. Thanks a lot for this fast reply. Are you intersting in Bugreports? Or
    should I wait till the next release come out?

    Daniel Bovensiepen, Apr 26, 2005
  20. [ANN] Arachno Ruby IDE 0.5.6 for Linux

    Hello Giovanni,

    GD> CSS Syntax Highlighting is not working for me.
    GD> I created a new project with existing files ( Rails Site ) nad the several
    GD> css stylesheet files are not highlighted when I open them in the editor.

    GD> Thx.

    This is fixed in the new download, there were also minor problems with
    Javascript and HTML files.

    Please get it again from http://www.ruby-ide.com

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com
    Lothar Scholz, Apr 27, 2005