ANN: BASICdraw

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Malcolm, Sep 7, 2006.

  1. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    A brand new program is aviailable on my website.

    BASICdraw is a procedural image editor. It allows you to specify operations
    on images in BASIC. Tasks that are often fiddly with conventional editors
    become straightforwards. Every company using graphics should have a copy.

    The program is implemented in C.
    A few notes:

    As always, the user interface took up the bulk of the time. The interface is
    very prone to bugs. Quite often I found myself cut and pasting code to
    perform simple operations like scrolling the image, loading files, and so
    on.

    Some simple things are really difficult. I couldn't work out how to create a
    file in memory. Nor how to use the proprietary image loading routines and
    actually retrieve the dimensions of the image. I am sure these are possible,
    but extensive consultation of the help files drew a blank.

    I strongly suspect that moving to a C++ interface would ahve made all these
    problems worse. A few things like the panes on the windows would ahve been
    easier, but the whole interface would have been more complicated, harder to
    customise, and more prone to bugs. However that is only an impression.

    --
    www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm
    freeware games to download.

    Malcolm, Sep 7, 2006