ANN: BayPIGgies meeting for Thursday, October 9, 2003: GUI programming

Daniel Yoo

When: Thursday, October 9, 2003
Where: Carnegie Institute of Washington
at Stanford University; Palo Alto
Agenda: GUI programming
Speaker: Jimmy Retzlaff

Note: our regular meeting times have been rescheduled: we are now meeting
on the second Thursday of each month.

The topic of this month's BayPIGgies meeting is GUI programming, with an
emphasis on the use of Model-View-Controller and Model-View-Presenter
architectures. There will be a short presentation, followed by an open
discussion.

Jimmy Retzlaff will present a simple RPN calculator application, written
in wxPython, that demonstrates MVC decoupling between the GUI and other
program logic. This will lead to discussion of people's experiences using
MVC or MVP with Python's GUI toolkits. Bring your questions and
experiences to help contribute. Discussion on other GUI concepts or
toolkits are welcome.

For driving directions, please see:

http://baypiggies.net/

We hope to see you there!