ANN: Baypiggies User Group Meeting, September 11, 2003

Daniel Yoo

BayPIGgies: Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group

When: September 11, 2003 @ 7:30pm
Where: Carnegie Institute of Washington
at Stanford University; Palo Alto
Agenda: Wavlets for SciPy
Speaker: Chad Netzer

Abstract: This talk will demonstrate an implementation of a wavelets
package for SciPy, and present some applications with signal
processing and image classification. There will be discussion of the
benefits of doing scientific computation with Python, unit testing
with statistical methods, and using SciPy with PythonCard as a
learning tool. (Knowledge of wavelets is not a requirement, and the
math will be kept to a minimum)

We hope to see you there!

Daniel Yoo

Hi everyone,

Sorry for repeating the post, but I mistyped the date! The meeting
will be held this Wednesday, not Thursday.

Here is a repost of the announcement:

----------------

BayPIGgies: Silicon Valley-San Francisco Bay Area Python Users Group

When: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 @ 7:30pm
Where: Carnegie Institute of Washington
at Stanford University; Palo Alto
Agenda: Wavelets for SciPy
Speaker: Chad Netzer

Abstract: This talk will demonstrate an implementation of a wavelets
package for SciPy, and present some applications with signal processing
and image classification. There will be discussion of the benefits of
doing scientific computation with Python, unit testing with statistical
methods, and using SciPy with PythonCard as a learning tool. (Knowledge of
wavelets is not a requirement, and the math will be kept to a minimum)

For driving directions, please visit:

http://baypiggies.net

We hope to see you there!