ANN: Beginning Python (Practical Python 2.0)

Magnus Lie Hetland

I guess it has actually been out for a while -- I just haven't
received my copies yet... Anyways: My book, "Beginning Python: From
Novice to Professional" (Apress, 2005) is now out. It is an expanded
and revised version of "Practical Python" (Apress, 2002). More
information can be found at

http://hetland.org/writing/beginning-python

Thanks,

- Magnus

Dennis Lee Bieber

I guess it has actually been out for a while -- I just haven't
received my copies yet... Anyways: My book, "Beginning Python: From
Novice to Professional" (Apress, 2005) is now out. It is an expanded
and revised version of "Practical Python" (Apress, 2002). More

Must be printed on thinner paper... Both run around 600 pages, but

UrsusMaximus

I found this book at my local Border's this week. It appears to be a
most excellent book. I own and have read Magnus' earlier book "Pactical
Python" (which was excellent) but this one is even better. The first
half of the book covers the language, and then the second half goes
into depth developing several practical applications. And of course now
the book is very up to date. While I obviously have not had time to
really study this book, I believe that anyone looking for an
introduction to Python would be very hard pressed to find a better
choice than this book.

Ron Stephens
Python411 podcast sereis
http://www.awaretek.com/python/index.html

Magnus Lie Hetland

[snip]
Must be printed on thinner paper... Both run around 600 pages, but
the older book is a third thicker... <G>

Heh. Yeah. The new book has more material, too (new chapters, among
other things), so I guess the new layout also has an effect.

Jaime Wyant

Also, if any of you guys aren't listening to Ron's Python411 podcast,
you're missing out on a quality podcast about Python. While not
necessarily `hardcore python' material, Ron does touch on various
things happening in the community along with discussion about nifty
python packages / modules that you may have missed.

Its one of my favorite podcasts. Great job Ron!

jw