[ANN] binary of gcc 4.3.2 for Windows is available for download

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by adda, Sep 6, 2008.

  1. adda

    adda Guest

    adda, Sep 6, 2008

  2. adda

    Ron Ford Guest

    On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:43:15 GMT, adda posted:

    > The following link offers binary for download
    > http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?call=compilerblog
    >
    > 32-bit binary includes fortran,c, and c++;
    > 64-bit has c and fortran.
    > gcc 4.3.2 implements OpenMP v2.5.

    Sep. 06
    2008

    32-bit and 64-bit binaries of snapshot dated September 5, 2008 for Windows
    are available for download. 32-bit binaries include fortran, c, and c++;
    64-bit has c and fortran. Windows, Console, and OpenMP applications have
    been tested.

    What does a person need beyond the binaries to make an effective 32 bit xp
    installation, where a directory named "source" != bin is where fortran, c
    and c++ source files live?
    --
    When a new source of taxation is found it never means, in practice, that
    the old source is abandoned. It merely means that the politicians have two

    Ron Ford, Sep 7, 2008

  3. adda

    user1 Guest

    Ron Ford wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:43:15 GMT, adda posted:
    >
    >> The following link offers binary for download
    >> http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?call=compilerblog
    >>
    >> 32-bit binary includes fortran,c, and c++;
    >> 64-bit has c and fortran.
    >> gcc 4.3.2 implements OpenMP v2.5.

    > Sep. 06
    > 2008
    >
    > 32-bit and 64-bit binaries of snapshot dated September 5, 2008 for Windows
    > are available for download. 32-bit binaries include fortran, c, and c++;
    > 64-bit has c and fortran. Windows, Console, and OpenMP applications have
    > been tested.
    >
    > What does a person need beyond the binaries to make an effective 32 bit xp
    > installation, where a directory named "source" != bin is where fortran, c
    > and c++ source files live?

    Try setting the PATH environment variable ??

    user1, Sep 7, 2008
  4. adda

    Ron Ford Guest

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 18:40:36 -0400, user1 posted:

    > Ron Ford wrote:
    >> On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:43:15 GMT, adda posted:
    >>
    >>> The following link offers binary for download
    >>> http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?call=compilerblog
    >>>
    >>> 32-bit binary includes fortran,c, and c++;
    >>> 64-bit has c and fortran.
    >>> gcc 4.3.2 implements OpenMP v2.5.

    >> Sep. 06
    >> 2008
    >>
    >> 32-bit and 64-bit binaries of snapshot dated September 5, 2008 for Windows
    >> are available for download. 32-bit binaries include fortran, c, and c++;
    >> 64-bit has c and fortran. Windows, Console, and OpenMP applications have
    >> been tested.
    >>
    >> What does a person need beyond the binaries to make an effective 32 bit xp
    >> installation, where a directory named "source" != bin is where fortran, c
    >> and c++ source files live?

    > Try setting the PATH environment variable ??

    As I recall, the install from equation does some of this. This didn't seem
    to be enough for a g95 install that I tried recently. I realize that it's
    not the same thing, but it does share the similarity that they're both
    command-line compilers for windows.

    Does Cpath and library path matter?
    --
    What men value in this world is not rights but privileges. 7
    H. L. Mencken

    Ron Ford, Sep 8, 2008