[ANN] BlueCloth-1.0.0fc3

Michael Granger

--Apple-Mail-1--339588478

I'd like to announce the release of the final candidate for the 1.0.0
version of the BlueCloth module. BlueCloth is a Ruby implementation of
Markdown, a text-to-HTML conversion tool for web writers. Markdown
allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text
format, then convert it to structurally valid XHTML (or HTML).

This version includes fixes for a longstanding bug which overflowed the
Ruby regexp engine when given large HTML sections, lists, or code
blocks, and brings the implementation of the syntax up to Markdown 1.0.
Thanks especially to Ian Macdonald and Martin Chase for their help in
tracking down the overflow bug.

If there's no immediate problems with the release, it will become 1.0.0
this weekend.