    and

    http://bokeo.rubyforge.org/

    -Rich
    Richard Lyman, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Re: [ANN] Bokeo 0.25 - The initial release of an FXRuby interfaceto RubyGems

    #: Joel VanderWerf changed the world a bit at a time by saying on 8/25/2005 12:53 AM :#
    > Richard Lyman wrote:
    >> I'm pleased to announce the initial release of Bokeo, an FXRuby
    >> interface to the RubyGems project. A literal translation of 'bokeo' is
    >> 'gem mine' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeo ). What I'm hoping is
    >> that I will get more feedback and feature requests than I can handle.
    >> There have been several requests for a GUI to RubyGems and this is
    >> one. Please use the Tracker for submitting feature requests and have
    >> fun!
    >>
    >> http://rubyforge.org/projects/bokeo
    >>
    >> and
    >>
    >> http://bokeo.rubyforge.org/
    >>

    >> -Rich
    >>

    > Hey, great! I like "local gems have been mined" in the status line.
    >
    > I know it's early, but someday maybe the remote list could distinguish
    > which versions are installed locally and which are not (and
    > enable/disable the install/uninstall buttons accordingly).

    I think Arachno already has these features.

    :alex |.::the_mindstorm::.|
    Alexandru Popescu, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Richard Lyman

    Jim Freeze Guest

    Can we get some screen shots?

    On 8/24/05, Richard Lyman <> wrote:
    > I'm pleased to announce the initial release of Bokeo, an FXRuby
    > interface to the RubyGems project. A literal translation of 'bokeo' is
    > 'gem mine' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeo ). What I'm hoping is
    > that I will get more feedback and feature requests than I can handle.
    > There have been several requests for a GUI to RubyGems and this is
    > one. Please use the Tracker for submitting feature requests and have
    > fun!
    >=20
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/bokeo
    >=20
    > and
    >=20
    > http://bokeo.rubyforge.org/
    >=20
    >=20
    > -Rich
    >=20
    >=20

    --=20
    Jim Freeze
    Jim Freeze, Aug 25, 2005
  4. On 8/24/05, Jim Freeze <> wrote:
    > Can we get some screen shots?
    >=20
    > On 8/24/05, Richard Lyman <> wrote:
    > > I'm pleased to announce the initial release of Bokeo, an FXRuby
    > > interface to the RubyGems project. A literal translation of 'bokeo' is
    > > 'gem mine' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeo ). What I'm hoping is
    > > that I will get more feedback and feature requests than I can handle.
    > > There have been several requests for a GUI to RubyGems and this is
    > > one. Please use the Tracker for submitting feature requests and have
    > > fun!
    > >
    > > http://rubyforge.org/projects/bokeo
    > >
    > > and
    > >
    > > http://bokeo.rubyforge.org/
    > >

    > > -Rich
    > >

    >=20
    >=20
    > --
    > Jim Freeze
    >=20
    >=20

    Good idea. I even had one around for that purpose (dunno why I didn't
    upload it). I've added a screenshot of the 0.25 release here:

    http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D866&release_id=3D2775

    -Rich
    Richard Lyman, Aug 25, 2005
  5. On 8/24/05, Lyle Johnson <> wrote:
    > On 8/24/05, Richard Lyman <> wrote:
    >=20
    > > I'm pleased to announce the initial release of Bokeo, an FXRuby
    > > interface to the RubyGems project. A literal translation of 'bokeo' is
    > > 'gem mine' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeo ). What I'm hoping is
    > > that I will get more feedback and feature requests than I can handle.
    > > There have been several requests for a GUI to RubyGems and this is
    > > one. Please use the Tracker for submitting feature requests and have
    > > fun!

    >=20
    > Nice job, Richard! You might want to consider packaging it as a Gem itsel=

    f...
    >=20
    >=20

    That's in the plan.