ANN: Brazil organises its first PyConDayBrasil

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra

Inspired by the PyCon tradition, the Brazilian Python Community
is organising a PyCon-like event called: PyConDayBrasil.

We have gathered 14 people to give speeches exclusively about
Python in an event that will take place in April 28th/29th.

The event's URL is below (only in Brazilian Portuguese pt-br):
http://www.pythonbrasil.com.br/moin.cgi/PyConDayBrasil

We hope that this event will not be just a standalone happening,
but the beginning of a tradition. Moreover, we will strive to find
sponsors to allow us to invite international speakers in the following
years.

To illustrate the scope of PyConDayBrasil, this year's program is composed by:

- Python applications to science and engineering (Vinicius Franco do Nascimento)
- Molecular Alignment Analysis in Python (Frederico Gonzalez Colombo Arnoldi)
- Python in Undergraduate Courses (Marco André Lopes Mendes)
- Exploring Boa Constructor (Luciano Pacheco)
- Python refreshes your thinking (Osvaldo Santana Neto)
- Plone for Pythonistas (Fabiano "Xiru" Weimar dos Santos)
- Python-Fu inside Gimp (Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris)
- The Language Boo by its Creator (Rodrigo "Bamboo" de Oliveira)
- Zope 3: Reality or myth (Luciano Ramalho)
- Python Game Programming (Gustavo Barbieri)
- Advanced CMF and Plone Development (Jean Rodrigo Ferri)
- And now something completely different: Pyrotecnical Show (Rodrigo Senra)
- Python Puzzles and Other Curiosities (Gustavo Niemeyer)
- Content publishing in the PUSH model (Sidnei da Silva)

I'd like to thank the python developers and the python community in general
for these outstanding: tool, culture and community.

best regards,
Rod Senra

--
,_