[ANN] Call For Lightning Talks: RubyKaigi2007

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by KAKUTANI Shintaro, Apr 8, 2007.

  1. Call For Lightning Talks: RubyKaigi2007
    =======================================

    We're looking for Lightning Talk presentations for the upcoming
    RubyKaigi 2007( http://jp.rubyist.net/RubyKaigi2007/english.html ).
    If you've got something to say about Ruby, a Ruby application demo, or
    anything else Ruby related, why not give a Lightning Talk at RubyKaigi
    2007?

    Lightning Talks at RubyKaigi2007
    ---------------------------------

    We planning to run the Lightning Talks in the standard 5 minute
    format. One hour, eleven presenters back-to-back, five minutes each.
    The current plan is to hold the Lightning Talks in the afternoon of
    day one (Saturday, June 9(JST)).

    As we are likely to receive more than 11 proposals, the Japan
    RubyKaigi 2007 committee will consider all proposals and select the
    best 11 proposals.

    Tickets for Lightning Talk presenters
    --------------------------------------

    Lightning Talk presenters will need to buy their own tickets to
    RubyKaigi 2007.If you are a Lightning Talk presenter but are unable to
    purchase a ticket, mail us at mailto: and
    we will try to arrange a ticket for you to purchase.

    How to Apply
    ------------

    Send a mail to mailto: with the following
    details:

    * Your name
    * Your organization/company (optional)
    * A short profile
    * the title of your talk
    * an outline of your talk
    * please feel free to send us comments
    * A projector will be provided for the talks, but if there is
    anything else you need for your presentation, please add it to your
    application.

    Important Dates

    The deadline for submissions is May 12, 2007(JST). We shall notify
    acceptance of proposals as soon as poosible after the deadline.

    KAKUTANI Shintaro, Apr 8, 2007