[ANN] call for presenters @ FOSCON III

Thomas Lockney

As my recent post announced, PDX.rb will be putting on another FOSCON
this year and we'd like to invite you to come entertain us with your
latest bit Ruby magic. We're looking for people doing strange things
with Ruby (pardon the direct theft of Dorkbot's slogan). Of course,
what's defined as strange is open to interpretation. If you're doing
anything that you think is unusual or just a little bit odd, we want
to know about it.

The format is basically 10 slots of 10 minutes each (we'll break these
up into two blocks and give everyone a break in the middle). If you
can make it to Portland on the 24th, we'd like hear your idea for
anything you'd be interested in talking about. We'll provide you with
a projector and a PA.

Send you proposal to (e-mail address removed) and we'll let you know
by Friday, the 21st, if you've been picked.

For more information on the event:

http://www.foscon2007.com/
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/216872

Thanks!

Thomas Lockney

As my recent post announced, PDX.rb will be putting on another FOSCON
this year and we'd like to invite you to come entertain us with your
latest bit Ruby magic. We're looking for people doing strange things
with Ruby (pardon the direct theft of Dorkbot's slogan). Of course,
what's defined as strange is open to interpretation. If you're doing
anything that you think is unusual or just a little bit odd, we want
to know about it.

If you're going to be at OSCON or are going to make a special trip to
Portland just for FOSCON (and why wouldn't you??), you've got 2 more
days to get a talk proposal for FOSCON in if you want to have some
chance of knowing for certain whether you'll get a speaking slot.

Keep in mind that we're very loose with the interpretation of the
theme. While we'd be unlikely to get excited about a talk on building
a basic CRUD app in Rails, we'd love to hear if you're extending Rails
in some interesting way or building it on a unique platform (anyone
doing Rails on embedded platforms, yet?).

~thomas