[ANN] Catapult: WEBrick application for dynamic execution of codevia HTTP

James Britt

I wanted a way to easily call code via a URL and get back results over
HTTP. I wrote a simple application, Catapult, that maps URLs onto Ruby
files and class names. It breaks up the URL into a class name and
execution parameters. Once an object has been created, it gets cached,
to avoid the overhead of object instantiation on every call.

I find it handy for providing lightweight Ruby "web services" on my
local PC (such as the Google Desktop search RSS feeds, or Ruby
documentation lookups). Other may find it useful, too.

http://www.jamesbritt.com/code/catapult/

It doesn't do a whole lot, which is just fine with me. Need to add a
way to tell the server to reload an object, though, so I can update code
and drop it in place without restarting everything.

James Britt