ANN: Chandler Preview (0.7.0.1)

Heikki Toivonen

Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF) released Chandler Preview
(0.7.0.1) on September 10, 2007.

Chandler is a Personal Information Management (PIM) client application
with innovative design and ambitious plans for sharing, extensibility
and cross-platform support. Chandler is written mainly in Python.

We now have public-beta quality releases of our products; we believe
them to be full featured enough and stable enough for daily use. Check
out a full overview of features (including screenshots and screencasts).
Download Chandler Desktop, create an account on Chandler Hub. Check out
the source. Get involved in the project, help us build a really great
1.0 release.

Chandler desktop adds a central dashboard for managing tasks, notes,
events, and messages to the basic calendar functionality found in the
0.6 release. You can share calendars, task lists, messages and notes in
collections that can hold whatever you choose to put in them, regardless
of data type. The performance has improved greatly, the application has
basic search functionality, and now there’s a way to to manage and
resolve conflicts on shared data. You can collaborate on individual
items via email with the ability to edit and update messages you’ve
already received or sent. Although Chandler Preview is not meant to
replace your email application, you can configure your IMAP account so
that Chandler can see some messages from your regular mail client.

Get it from http://chandlerproject.org/