ANN: CherryPy-2.2.0 released

remi

(sorry for the double-post, the title of the previous one was wrong)

Hello everyone,

After six months of hard work and 300 changesets since the last stable
release I'm happy to announce that CherryPy-2.2.0-final is out.

The biggest changes are:

- switch to a lowercase api (although the old camelCase API is still
supported for backward compatibility)

- support for multiple applications (new "cherrypy.tree" object)

- better error handling

- lots of bug fixes (especially in file-based sessions)

- better test suite.

Check out http://www.cherrypy.org/wiki/UpgradeTo2.2 for more details.

***************
About CherryPy:

CherryPy is a simple (no dependencies), pythonic (doesn't
get in your way) web development framework.

Here is a sample Hello, World in CherryPy:

# import cherrypy
# class HelloWorld:
# @cherrypy.expose
# def index(self):
# yield "<html><body>"
# yield "Hello world!"
# yield "</body></html>"
# cherrypy.root = HelloWorld()
# cherrypy.server.start()

The project has been growing strongly lately:
cherrypy.org averaged 3000 visitors/day in March,
up from 2000 visitors/day in January and February;
and the cherrypy-users list just passed 700 users.

Details and downloads are available from:

http://www.cherrypy.org

Remi.