[ANN] Composite Primary Keys support for Associations

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Dr Nic, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. Dr Nic

    Dr Nic Guest

    [Cross-post from Ruby on Rails list]

    Announcement:
    Composite Primary Keys gem now includes support for ActiveRecord
    Associations.

    using the set_primary_keys class method. Previous versions provided full
    CRUD and find support. This latest release provides support for more
    ActiveRecord magic: associations (has_many, belongs_to, etc)

    Full report:
    http://drnicwilliams.com/2006/08/02/composite-primary-keys-supports-associations/

    Cheers
    Dr Nic

    Dr Nic, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Dr Nic

    Matt Todd Guest

    Hello my windowed friend! Glad to hear you're making good progress
    with this interesting tool.

    What kind of integration into Migrations does it have? Are you looking
    for any kind of help on that front?

    M.T.
    Matt Todd, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Dr Nic

    Dr Nic Guest

    Re: Composite Primary Keys support for Associations

    > What kind of integration into Migrations does it have? Are you looking
    > for any kind of help on that front?

    My initial aim was to get it working for legacy dbs - ppl who already
    had composite keys to live with. Like me.

    I think it'd be nice for join tables, for example, to be able to have
    explicit composite keys via migrations. But other than that, I assumed
    most people - given the chance - would want to have lovely, free, single
    primary keys.

    If you whip up any code for migration support yourself, then email me
    and/or dump it on the forum (http://groups.google.com/compositekeys).

    Cheers
    Nic

    Dr Nic, Aug 3, 2006