[ANN] Copland 0.8.0

Jamis Buck

Another release of Copland, the Inversion of Control container for Ruby!

This release brings us out of "alpha" status and puts in into "beta"
status. I think we're almost ready for a stable 1.0 release. Look for
it, "Real Soon Now."

Project page: http://rubyforge.org/projects/copland
User Manual: http://copland.rubyforge.org
API Documentation: http://copland.rubyforge.org/api
Package Documentation: http://copland.rubyforge.org/packrat

Notable new features in this release include:

* The "factory" element may be omitted when defining a service point,
and it will default to "copland.BuilderFactory".

* The BuilderFactory now supports an "invoke" element, describing
methods and their parameters to invoke while initializing a new service.

* A warning is now logged when you try to set a property that does not
have an explicit setter defined.

* Added the solitaire-cipher implementation as one of the example programs.

* Registry#service now accepts an optional block, which will be passed
to "instance_eval" on the new service every time the requested service
is instantiated.

* Upgraded to version 3.3.0 of the setup.rb installer.

If any of that sounds yumalicious to you, go on and grab it.

FYI, this is the version that my RubyConf presentation will be based on,
if that makes any difference to those of you that will be in attendance...

- Jamis