[ANN} Daily pyogp coders meeting (PYthon Open Grid Protocols forvirtual worlds)

Lawson English

pyogp is a Python-based virtual worlds test harness and client library
being developed by Linden Lab, makers of Second Life, and members of the
SL Architecture Working Group, in order to test the Open Grid Protocols
that were used in the recent "proof of concept" demo by IBM and Linden
Lab, that allowed avatars to teleport from one virtual world (Second
Life) to another (Open Simulator) using standardized interoperability
protocols.

http://www.informationweek.com/news...lworlds/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208803274

A daily meeting within Second Life has been setup for pyogp coders and
designers to meet, as described in the announcement below. This is the
transcript of the first meeting:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Pyogp/Chat_Logs/Daily_Meeting/14_jul_2008

The pyogp meetings are open to any "resident" of Second Life, and any
Python person (or design expert) with a desire to contribute to the
process is certainly welcome.

In World Meetings
We're going to start having daily meetings at "infinity is full of
stars" in the Levenhall simulator in Second Life at 9:30AM SLT (Pacific
Coast Time) each day. These meetings are for the PyOGP coders to meet
and discuss design, process and status. In the near term, these are
likely to be "somewhat beefy" meetings where design issues are discussed
and differences hammered out. In the longer term, these will hopefully
be more "Agile Stand-Up" style meetings where we discuss: a. what we've
done in the last 24 hours, b. what we're going to do in the next 24 and
c. what we're blocked on.

what PyOGP Coders Meeting
who PyOGP l33t C0d3rZ
where "infinity is full of stars" @
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Levenhall/91/208/22
when 9:30AM SLT / 12:30PM Eastern Time / 5:30PM GMT / 6:30PM Central
European Time
why for PyOGP contributors to hash out architecture, design, test
and deploy issues

IRC: irc://irc.freenode.com/#pyogp
Mailing list: https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pyogp
wiki: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Pyogp