[ANN] Dallas Ruby Brigade meets March 7th

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Adam Keys, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. Adam Keys

    Adam Keys Guest

    The Dallas Ruby Brigade begins!

    Following in the proud tradition of Seattle.rb, NYC.rb and many
    others, Dallas has joined the crowd with its own local Ruby Brigade.
    We'll be meeting Tuesday, March 7th in Addison. The plan is as follows:

    * Meet between 6:45 and 7:00 in the lobby downstairs. Because of the
    way security works, you'll want to be timely in your arrival. At 7:00
    we'll head upstairs at 7 to go to the Valtech offices where we'll
    hold the meeting.
    * From 7 to 8, we'll do presentation-oriented stuff. I (Adam Keys)
    will be doing a short bit on the state of mind that is Ruby and
    Rails, then I'll open it up to general discussion and/or Q&A.
    * From 8 to 9, we'll focus on coding-oriented stuff. Bring your
    laptop and we'll get Rails on there so that you can play with it
    before next month's meeting. If you've already got Rails installed,
    we'll play around with the Typo weblog engine.
    * At 9 we'll all peacefully leave the building, drive home and start
    looking forward to the next Dallas Ruby Brigade meeting!

    So, in summary:

    Dallas Ruby Brigade, inaugural meeting

    Tuesday March 7th, 2006
    7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (arrive 15 minutes early)
    Valtech - 5080 Spectrum Drive Addison, TX 75001
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=5080 Spectrum Drive addison, tx

    Presentation/Discussion: The Ruby and Rails State of Mind
    Hacking: Ruby and Rails or Typo installfest

    We've got a mailing list and website if you are interested but can't
    make it this month. Point yourself at http://dallasrb.pbwiki.com.

    --
    ~akk
    http://therealadam.com