    Ivan
    --
    http://ivan.vecerina.com
    Ivan Vecerina, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Ivan Vecerina

    Jerry Coffin Guest

    In article <3f891ff0$>,
    says...

    [ ...]

    > Having had the need to translate to C++ some code written
    > in Delphi's Object Pascal dialect, I was disappointed that
    > existing translation tools seemed to choke on Delphi-specific
    > extensions to the language.

    That's not really terribly surprising -- that last time I tried to
    check, it seemed to be difficult to even GET a complete grammar for
    Delphi, not to mention turning that into a translator. Maybe Borland
    has fixed this, but the only grammar I could find from them at the time
    seemed to be _quite_ incomplete and more or less self-contradictory
    (i.e. a large number of important productions were unreachable).

    > I ended up writing a syntax-based translation tool to do the
    > bulk of the conversion. It is written in C++ using GNU flex.

    Flex is _not_ from GNU. Its development (and licensing) are entirely
    separate from anything GNU.

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.