ANN: Device Update 4.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Thomas Scheidegger [MVP], Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Thomas Scheidegger [MVP], Dec 19, 2003

  2. Thomas Scheidegger [MVP]

    Shaun Wilde Guest

    Re: Device Update 4.0

    I used to use the mobile toolkit but whnever google visited my site it only
    visited the mobile pages - it was like it being incorrectly identified. I
    have since
    stopped supporting mobile for now but I would lke to go back to that

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=02fa15fe-40d9-4dce-9bb1-4dd61a5b7ccb

    Shaun Wilde, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Alex Feinman [MVP], Dec 20, 2003
  4. Re: Device Update 4.0

    It's probably not bad. RIM devices have a very simple (and quite elegant
    IMHO) API. They're actually quite enjoyable to develop for, work's just
    hard to come by.

    -Chris

    Chris Tacke, eMVP, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Re: Device Update 4.0

    In 1999 (pre-java) it was not fun at all...

    Alex Feinman [MVP], Dec 20, 2003
  6. Re: Device Update 4.0

    Hmm, I did development is probably 2000 or 2001, still without Java (it was
    available, but too slow). It used the VC6 interface for compiling and
    debugging. I found it quite simple and manageable.

    Of couse we stray from the CF, but I thought they had a strong potential for
    filling certain needs in the enterprise application space and I still think
    they're underutilized for anything other than an email/text client. I wrote
    an app that queried a remote SQL Server database using an ASP page
    interface. Took very little time and met the customer's needs in a way no
    other PDA could have at the time for the cost.

    Chris Tacke, eMVP, Dec 20, 2003