ANN: dh, the daemon helper 2009-09-12 11:11

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by John Kelly, Sep 12, 2009.

  1. John Kelly

    John Kelly Guest

    dh, the daemon helper 2009-09-12 11:11

    Yet another fix, to prevent attacks using world writable files.

    It think this version covers all the security issues. But who knows,
    UNIX and C are a security minefield.

    I invite code review, but I don't have time for ng trolls; if you have
    concerns, email me. My real email address is in this post, and on the
    ftp site.

    ftp://ftp.isp2dial.com/users/jak/src/dh/

    --
    Webmail for Dialup Users
    http://www.isp2dial.com/freeaccounts.html

    John Kelly, Sep 12, 2009

  2. John Kelly

    Seebs Guest

    Re: ANN: dh, the ludicrously buggy daemon helper

    On 2009-09-12, John Kelly <> wrote:
    > dh, the consistently buggy daemon helper 2009-09-12 11:11

    > Yet another fix, to prevent attacks using world writable files.

    In short, this continues to be totally off-topic to at least some of these
    groups, and continues to reveal that you're just plain not the right guy
    to write one of these even if there were a need, which there doesn't seem to
    be.

    > It think this version covers all the security issues. But who knows,
    > UNIX and C are a security minefield.

    Might I recommend learning the language and becoming familiar with the
    environment before trying to write a program for UNIX and C which,
    by design, needs to be written by someone experienced and capable of
    writing secure code?

    > I invite code review,

    I doubt it. When people have pointed out to you, with clear evidence, that
    your posts were off-topic, you've responded with derision and dismissal. It
    seems unlikely that you are genuinely interested in code review.

    > but I don't have time for ng trolls;

    Which is odd, because you are one.

    > if you have concerns, email me.

    So you can lie about what was said? No, I don't think so.

    I looked at the code. It's not fixable, because your fundamental design
    is just plain incoherent. You don't understand the problem space, meaning
    you can't design a solution that makes sense. Add on a bunch of cargo-cult
    behavior and a clear demonstration or three that you don't understand the
    mechanisms you're using, and all that's left is the spam.

    -s

    Seebs, Sep 12, 2009