ANN: dh, the daemon helper 2009-09-12 11:11

John Kelly

dh, the daemon helper 2009-09-12 11:11

Yet another fix, to prevent attacks using world writable files.

It think this version covers all the security issues. But who knows,
UNIX and C are a security minefield.

I invite code review, but I don't have time for ng trolls; if you have
concerns, email me. My real email address is in this post, and on the
ftp site.

ftp://ftp.isp2dial.com/users/jak/src/dh/

Seebs

dh, the consistently buggy daemon helper 2009-09-12 11:11
Yet another fix, to prevent attacks using world writable files.

In short, this continues to be totally off-topic to at least some of these
groups, and continues to reveal that you're just plain not the right guy
to write one of these even if there were a need, which there doesn't seem to
be.
It think this version covers all the security issues. But who knows,
UNIX and C are a security minefield.

Might I recommend learning the language and becoming familiar with the
environment before trying to write a program for UNIX and C which,
by design, needs to be written by someone experienced and capable of
writing secure code?
I invite code review,

I doubt it. When people have pointed out to you, with clear evidence, that
your posts were off-topic, you've responded with derision and dismissal. It
seems unlikely that you are genuinely interested in code review.
but I don't have time for ng trolls;

Which is odd, because you are one.
if you have concerns, email me.

So you can lie about what was said? No, I don't think so.

I looked at the code. It's not fixable, because your fundamental design
is just plain incoherent. You don't understand the problem space, meaning
you can't design a solution that makes sense. Add on a bunch of cargo-cult
behavior and a clear demonstration or three that you don't understand the
mechanisms you're using, and all that's left is the spam.

-s