[ANN] doublecpp -- double dispatch in C++

Discussion in 'C++' started by Lorenzo Bettini, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Hi

    I've just released doublecpp:

    Doublecpp is a preprocessor for C++ that handles a new linguistic
    construct for defining branches of a multi-method. The "right" branch
    of such a method will be selected dynamically at run-time according to
    the actual type of the object on which the method is invoked and to
    the actual type of the first argument: double dispatch.

    http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp/index.html

    Doublecpp is free software; you are free to use, share and modify it
    under the terms of the GNU General Public License (see COPYING).

    Doublecpp is delivered with sources that have to be compiled. It can be
    downloaded from the following site:

    http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp/doublecpp-0.2.tar.gz

    Doublecpp has been developed using GNU gcc 3.2.2

    You can build doublecpp also under Windows, using cygwin
    (http://www.cygwin.com). If you have problems with that, you can
    request the windows binaries directly to me.

    IMPORTANT: you have to use a 3.x version of gcc: earlier versions have
    problems handling code generated by doublecpp.

    You can find the documentation in the file

    http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp/doublecpp.ps

    I look forward to receiving comments!

    regards
    Lorenzo

    | Lorenzo Bettini ICQ# lbetto, 16080134 |
    | PhD in Computer Science |
    | Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze |
    | Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730 |
    | Florence - Italy (GNU/Linux User # 158233) |
    | Home Page : http://www.lorenzobettini.it |
    | http://music.dsi.unifi.it XKlaim language |
    | http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple Cover Band |
    | http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite |