[ANN] Dr Nic’s Magic Models 0.8 - Validate Anything

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Dr Nic, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. Dr Nic

    Dr Nic Guest

    In the first run of the sell-out Magic Models - “I can’t believe its an
    ActiveRecord†- Super Show - you were amazed as we stripped away the
    necessary essentials of an ActiveRecord - right in front of your eyes -
    the necessary became unnecessary.

    We removed the validates_presence_of validations… and the Magic Model
    still validated.

    We removed the has_many, belongs_to, and has_many :through associations…
    and the Magic Model still associated.

    We removed the actual class definition itself - the very thing that
    provides the ActiveRecord CRUD layer… and the Magic Model still CRUDded.

    In the new Magic Models, Virtual Validations get Virtuous!

    >> g = Group.new
    >> g.name = "x" * 51

    => "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxâ€
    >> g.valid?

    => false
    >> g.errors.full_messages

    => ["Name is too long (maximum is 50 characters)"]

    All this and more in 0.8.0 of Dr Nic's Magic Models
    http://drnicwilliams.com/2006/09/21/dr-nic-magic-models-validate-anything-anytime-anywhere/

    Its magic like this that makes programming fun :)

    Dr Nic, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Re: [ANN] Dr Nic’s Magic Models 0.8 - Validate Anything

    On 9/21/06, Dr Nic <> wrote:
    > In the first run of the sell-out Magic Models - "I can't believe its an
    > ActiveRecord" - Super Show - you were amazed as we stripped away the
    > necessary essentials of an ActiveRecord - right in front of your eyes -
    > the necessary became unnecessary.
    >
    > We removed the validates_presence_of validations=85 and the Magic Model
    > still validated.
    >
    > We removed the has_many, belongs_to, and has_many :through associations=

    =85

    Rick DeNatale, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Dr Nic

    Dr Nic Guest

    Re: Dr Nic’s Magic Mo?

    > You don't happen to be the guy in the white jacket in those new Hummer
    > H3 ads are you? <G>

    I can't confirm or deny. Got a link to the ad on youtube or somewhere?

    Dr Nic, Sep 21, 2006
  4. Re: Dr Nic’s Magic Mo?

    On 9/21/06, Dr Nic <> wrote:
    > > You don't happen to be the guy in the white jacket in those new Hummer
    > > H3 ads are you? <G>

    > I can't confirm or deny. Got a link to the ad on youtube or somewhere?

    Sorry, I've only seen it on TeeVee.
    --
    Rick DeNatale

    My blog on Ruby