ANN: eGenix EuroPython 2007 Presentations & Videos

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg

eGenix EuroPython 2007 Presentations & Videos

eGenix is pleased to announce the immediate availability of PDF and
Flash video versions of the presentations we gave at this years
EuroPython 2007 conference in Vilnius.

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/EuroPython-2007-Presentations.html

INTRODUCTION

The EuroPython Conference is the one of the premier conferences for
Python & Zope users and developers. This year it was being held from
the 9th to 11th July in Vilnius, Lithuania.

eGenix was one of the founding members of the EuroPython conference
team and played a major role in organizing the first EuroPython
conference in the year 2002.

Since then we have attended every EuroPython conference to meet up
face-to-face with the people from the Python & Zope communities and
have given regular talks at these conferences.

TALKS AT EUROPYTHON 2007

We gave the following two talks at the conference. The presentations
are available for viewing and download from our Presentations and
Talks section:

http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/

As special feature, we have added talk videos in addition to providing
the slide PDFs. You can view the talks online if you have the Adobe
Flash Player 8 or later installed.

* Parsing Languages with mxTextTools

mxTextTools comes with a high performance Tagging Engine for text and
Unicode
data which can be used to tokenize and parse languages. The resulting
abstract
syntax tree can then be hooked up to a generator to build a complete and
fast
compiler in pure Python. The talk gives a short introduction to the way the
mxTextTools Tagging Engine works and how it can be used to build compilers.
mxTextTools is an eGenix Open Source product available as part of the
eGenix mx
Base Distribution.

* An introduction to working with relational databases from Zope

Although Zope has been around for quite a while, it continues to find
new users
particularly amongst non-programmers who are looking for a way to work with
existing data which is usually in some relational database (PostgreSQL,
MySQL,
MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, etc.). One of the reasons for this is that Zope
provides an
extremely powerful, yet secure, through-the-web programming environment.

The presentation is directed towards new users and will provide a brief
introduction by example into the Zope way of doing things. At the same
time it
highlights how working within Zope is automatic training in good programming
methodology: data management is delegated to ZSQL methods, PythonScripts
act as
controllers and Zope Page Templates provide the views. Together they
encourage
modularity and reusability. The sample application and database are
available
for download.

Enjoy,
--