ANN: eGenix mx Base Distribution 3.1.1

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg

ANNOUNCING

eGenix.com mx Base Distribution

Version 3.1.1

Open Source Python extensions providing important and useful
services for Python programmers.

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mx-Base-Distribution-3.1.1-GA.html

ABOUT

The eGenix.com mx Base Distribution for Python is a collection of
professional quality software tools which enhance Python's usability
in many important areas such as fast text searching, date/time
processing and high speed data types.

The tools have a proven record of being portable across many Unix and
Windows platforms. You can write applications which use the tools on
Windows and then run them on Unix platforms without change due to the
consistent platform independent interfaces.

Contents of the distribution:

* mxDateTime - Date/Time Library for Python
* mxTextTools - Fast Text Parsing and Processing Tools for Python
* mxProxy - Object Access Control for Python
* mxBeeBase - On-disk B+Tree Based Database Kit for Python
* mxURL - Flexible URL Data-Type for Python
* mxUID - Fast Universal Identifiers for Python
* mxStack - Fast and Memory-Efficient Stack Type for Python
* mxQueue - Fast and Memory-Efficient Queue Type for Python
* mxTools - Fast Everyday Helpers for Python

All available packages have proven their stability and usefulness in
many mission critical applications and various commercial settings all
around the world.

* About Python:
Python is an object-oriented Open Source programming language which
runs on all modern platforms (http://www.python.org/). By integrating
ease-of-use, clarity in coding, enterprise application connectivity
and rapid application design, Python establishes an ideal programming
platform for todays IT challenges.

* About eGenix:
eGenix is a consulting and software product company focused on
providing professional quality services and products to Python
users and developers (http://www.egenix.com/).

NEWS

The 3.1.1 release of the eGenix mx Base Distribution is a patch level
release which fixes an installation problem with our pre-built packages
on Mac OS X and some older Linux platforms.

This is also the first release with Python 2.6 support ! For now, we
only ship Linux pre-built versions for Python 2.6. Once the final
version of Python 2.6 is released, we will also provide Windows
installers and pre-build packages for the other platforms that we
support.

For a list of changes compared to the older version 3.0 of the package,
please see the eGenix mx Base 3.0 release announcement:

http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mx-Base-Distribution-3.1.0-GA.html

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the packages can
be found on the eGenix mx Base Distribution page:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

LICENSE

The eGenix mx Base package is distributed under the eGenix.com Public
License 1.1.0 which is a CNRI Python License style Open Source
license. You can use the package in both commercial and
non-commercial settings without fee or charge.

The package comes with full source code

SUPPORT

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com