ANN: eGenix mx Base Distribution 3.2.0 (mxDateTime, mxTextTools, etc.)

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg

ANNOUNCING

eGenix.com mx Base Distribution

Version 3.2.0 for Python 2.4 - 2.7

Open Source Python extensions providing
important and useful services
for Python programmers.

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mx-Base-Distribution-3.2.0-GA.html

ABOUT

The eGenix.com mx Base Distribution for Python is a collection of
professional quality software tools which enhance Python's usability
in many important areas such as fast text searching, date/time
processing and high speed data types.

The tools have a proven record of being portable across many Unix and
Windows platforms. You can write applications which use the tools on
Windows and then run them on Unix platforms without change due to the
consistent platform independent interfaces.

Contents of the distribution:

* mxDateTime - Easy to use Date/Time Library for Python
* mxTextTools - Fast Text Parsing and Processing Tools for Python
* mxProxy - Object Access Control for Python
* mxBeeBase - On-disk B+Tree Based Database Kit for Python
* mxURL - Flexible URL Data-Type for Python
* mxUID - Fast Universal Identifiers for Python
* mxStack - Fast and Memory-Efficient Stack Type for Python
* mxQueue - Fast and Memory-Efficient Queue Type for Python
* mxTools - Fast Everyday Helpers for Python

All available packages have proven their stability and usefulness in
many mission critical applications and various commercial settings all
around the world.

For more information, please see the distribution page:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

NEWS

The 3.1.3 release of the eGenix mx Base Distribution is the latest
release of our open-source Python extensions.

The new version provides major enhancements of the included
packages. To highlight a few:

* Added support for Python 2.7 on all supported platforms.
* Added native Window x64 support.

* Included many news features in mxDateTime to enhance
interoperability with Python's datetime module and to increase
overall performance:

o Mixed type support to allow operations between mxDateTime objects
and Python's datetime module

o New constructor methods on the objects to easily switch from
mxDateTime objects to datetime module objects.

o New constructor support to easily switch back from datetime
module objects to mxDateTime objects

* Added new mx.Misc.Daemon module which provides abstractions to
implement Unix daemon processes.

* Added code cleanups and switched to Python's own memory allocator,
which results in performance enhancements across all subpackages.

* Added back easy_install support and included pip support.

As always, we are providing pre-built binaries for all common
platforms: Windows 32/64-bit, Linux 32/64-bit, FreeBSD 32/64-bit, Mac
OS X 32/64-bit. Source code archives are available for installation on
all other Python platforms, such as Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc.

To simplify installation in Zope/Plone and other egg-based systems, we
have also precompiled egg distributions for all platforms. These are
available on our own PyPI-style index server for easy and automatic
download.

Whether you are using a pre-built package or the source distribution,
installation is a simple "python setup.py install" command in all
cases. The only difference is that the pre-built packages do not
require a compiler or the Python development packages to be installed.

For a list of changes, please refer to the eGenix mx Base Distribution
change log at

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/changelog.html

and the change logs of the various included Python packages.

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the packages can
be found on the eGenix mx Base Distribution page:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

LICENSE

The eGenix mx Base package is distributed under the eGenix.com Public
License 1.1.0 which is an Open Source license similar to the Python
license. You can use the packages in both commercial and non-commercial
settings without fee or charge.

The package comes with full source code

SUPPORT

Commercial support for this product is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, May 23 2011)________________________________________________________________________
2011-06-20: EuroPython 2011, Florence, Italy 28 days to go

http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/