ANN: eGenix mx Base Distribution 3.2.1 (mxDateTime, mxTextTools, etc.)

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Aug 2, 2011.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________

    ANNOUNCING

    eGenix.com mx Base Distribution

    Version 3.2.1 for Python 2.4 - 2.7

    Open Source Python extensions providing
    important and useful services
    for Python programmers.

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mx-Base-Distribution-3.2.1-GA.html

    ABOUT

    The eGenix.com mx Base Distribution for Python is a collection of
    professional quality software tools which enhance Python's usability
    in many important areas such as fast text searching, date/time
    processing and high speed data types.

    The tools have a proven record of being portable across many Unix and
    Windows platforms. You can write applications which use the tools on
    Windows and then run them on Unix platforms without change due to the
    consistent platform independent interfaces.

    Contents of the distribution:

    * mxDateTime - Easy to use Date/Time Library for Python
    * mxTextTools - Fast Text Parsing and Processing Tools for Python
    * mxProxy - Object Access Control for Python
    * mxBeeBase - On-disk B+Tree Based Database Kit for Python
    * mxURL - Flexible URL Data-Type for Python
    * mxUID - Fast Universal Identifiers for Python
    * mxStack - Fast and Memory-Efficient Stack Type for Python
    * mxQueue - Fast and Memory-Efficient Queue Type for Python
    * mxTools - Fast Everyday Helpers for Python

    All available packages have proven their stability and usefulness in
    many mission critical applications and various commercial settings all
    around the world.

    For more information, please see the distribution page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

    NEWS

    The 3.2.1 release of the eGenix mx Base Distribution is the latest
    release of our open-source Python extensions.

    The new patch-level version includes a few important fixes:

    * Fixed a segfault in mxDateTime.
    * Fixed a possible buffer overflow in the mxDebugPrintf()
    function.
    * Fixed a problem in mxSetup mx_autoconf: Python.h was not
    found by some tests.

    If you are upgrading from eGenix mx Base 3.1.x, please also see the
    eGenix mx Base Distribution 3.2.0 release notes for details on what
    has changed and which new features are available:

    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mx-Base-Distribution-3.2.0-GA.html

    As always, we are providing pre-built binaries for all common
    platforms: Windows 32/64-bit, Linux 32/64-bit, FreeBSD 32/64-bit, Mac
    OS X 32/64-bit. Source code archives are available for installation on
    all other Python platforms, such as Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc.

    To simplify installation in Zope/Plone and other egg-based systems, we
    have also precompiled egg distributions for all platforms. These are
    available on our own PyPI-style index server for easy and automatic
    download.

    Whether you are using a pre-built package or the source distribution,
    installation is a simple "python setup.py install" command in all
    cases. The only difference is that the pre-built packages do not
    require a compiler or the Python development packages to be installed.

    For a list of changes, please refer to the eGenix mx Base Distribution
    change log at

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/changelog.html

    and the change logs of the various included Python packages.

    DOWNLOADS

    The download archives and instructions for installing the packages can
    be found on the eGenix mx Base Distribution page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

    LICENSE

    The eGenix mx Base package is distributed under the eGenix.com Public
    License 1.1.0 which is an Open Source license similar to the Python
    license. You can use the packages in both commercial and non-commercial
    settings without fee or charge.

    The package comes with full source code

    SUPPORT

    Commercial support for this product is available from eGenix.com.
    Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

    for details about our support offerings.

    Enjoy,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Aug 02 2011)

    http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Aug 2, 2011