ANN: eGenix mxODBC Connect - Python Database Interface 1.0.0

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Dec 2, 2008.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________

    ANNOUNCING
    eGenix.com mxODBC Connect

    Python Database Interface

    Version 1.0.0

    Our new client-server product for connecting Python applications
    to relational databases - from all major platforms

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-Connect-1.0.0-GA.html

    INTRODUCTION

    The mxODBC Connect Database Interface for Python allows users to
    easily connect Python applications to all major databases on the
    market today in a highly portable and convenient way.

    Unlike our mxODBC Python extension, mxODBC Connect is designed
    as client-server application, so you no longer need to find production
    quality ODBC drivers for all the platforms you target with your Python
    application.

    Instead you use an easy to install Python client library which
    connects directly to the mxODBC Connect database server over the
    network.

    This makes mxODBC Connect the ideal basis for writing cross-platform
    database programs and utilities in Python, especially if you run
    applications that need to communicate with databases such as MS SQL
    Server and MS Access, Oracle Database, IBM DB2 and Informix, Sybase
    ASE and Sybase Anywhere, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP MaxDB and many more,
    that run on Windows or Linux machines.

    By removing the need to install and configure ODBC drivers on the
    client side, mxODBC Connect greatly simplifies setup and
    configuration of database driven client applications, while at
    the same time making the network communication between client and
    database server more efficient and more secure.

    For more information, please see the product page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBCConnect/

    NEWS

    mxODBC Connect 1.0.0 is the first general availability release of our
    new mxODBC Connect product.

    With this release we have further improved the performance and
    round-trip times of the mxODBC Connect network layer even more.

    We are now able to achieve a *more than 10 times better performance*
    for a typical multi-tier application that runs on Linux and connects
    to a MS SQL Server database running on a Windows host, compared to the
    same application using mxODBC and the FreeTDS ODBC driver.

    Thanks to everyone who participated in the public beta !

    DOWNLOADS

    The download archives as well as instructions for installation and
    configuration of the product can be found on the product page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBCConnect/

    Evaluation licenses for the server part are available free of
    charge:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBCConnect/#Evaluation

    The client part of mxODBC Connect is always free of charge.

    SUPPORT

    Commercial support for this product is available from eGenix.com.

    Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

    for details about our support offerings.

    Enjoy,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Dec 02 2008)

    2008-12-02: Released mxODBC.Connect 1.0.0 http://python.egenix.com/

    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Dec 2, 2008