ANN: eGenix mxODBC - Python ODBC Database Interface 3.0.3

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Sep 1, 2009.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________

    ANNOUNCING

    eGenix.com mxODBC - Python ODBC Database Interface

    Version 3.0.3

    mxODBC is our commercially supported Python extension providing
    ODBC database connectivity to Python applications
    on Windows and Unix platforms

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-3.0.3-GA.html

    INTRODUCTION

    mxODBC provides an easy-to-use, high-performance, reliable and robust
    Python interface to ODBC compatible databases such as MS SQL Server,
    MS Access, Oracle Database, IBM DB2 and Informix , Sybase ASE and
    Sybase Anywhere, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP MaxDB and many more.

    The "eGenix mxODBC - Python ODBC Database Interface" product is a
    commercial extension to our open-source eGenix mx Base Distribution.

    * About Python (http://www.python.org/):
    Python is an object-oriented Open Source programming language which
    runs on all modern platforms. By integrating ease-of-use, clarity in
    coding, enterprise application connectivity and rapid application
    design, Python establishes an ideal programming platform for
    today's IT challenges.

    * About eGenix (http://www.egenix.com/):
    eGenix is a software project, consulting and product company focusing
    on expert services and professional quality products for companies,
    Python users and developers.

    NEWS

    mxODBC 3.0.3 is a patch-level release and includes the following updates:

    * Python 2.3 - 2.6 support:

    mxODBC 3.0 is available for Python 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6. We ship
    binaries for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, AIX, Solaris, and offer
    custom porting services for most other platforms.

    * Enhanced support for using cursors as iterators:

    mxODBC cursor objects can now be used as iterators to iterate over
    result sets. While this was already possible in previous versions
    using wrappers, we have now added direct iterator support to the
    cursor objects themselves.

    * Updated work-arounds for various ODBC drivers:

    eGenix always aims to make using mxODBC as easy and robust as
    possible. For this reason, we regularly add or update work-arounds
    for problems found in recent ODBC driver versions.

    This release includes new work-arounds for the MySQL ODBC driver
    running on 64-bit Linux, the SQL Server 200 ODBC driver and the
    FileMaker ODBC driver.

    For the full set of changes please check the mxODBC change log:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/changelog.html

    For the full set of features mxODBC has to offer, please see:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/#Features

    DOWNLOADS

    The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
    be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

    In order to use the eGenix mxODBC package you will first need to
    install the eGenix mx Base package:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

    UPGRADING

    You are encouraged to upgrade to this latest mxODBC release,
    especially if you are using MS SQL Server or Informix as database
    server.

    Customers who have purchased mxODBC 3.0 licenses can download and
    install this patch-level release on top of their existing
    installations. The licenses will continue to work with version 3.0.2.

    Users of mxODBC 2.0 will have to purchase new licenses from our online
    shop in order to upgrade to mxODBC 3.0.2.

    You can request 30-day evaluation licenses by visiting our web-site at

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/#Evaluation

    or writing to , stating your name (or the name of the
    company) and the number of eval licenses that you need.

    SUPPORT

    Commercial support for this product is available from eGenix.com.
    Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

    for details about our support offerings.

    Enjoy,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Sep 01 2009)

    http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Sep 1, 2009