ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.13.0-1.0.0g

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Feb 13, 2012.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________
    ANNOUNCING

    eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

    Version 0.13.0-1.0.0g

    An easy-to-install and easy-to-use distribution
    of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
    available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.13.0-1.0.0g-1.html

    INTRODUCTION

    The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
    get started with SSL in Python.

    It comes with an easy-to-use installer that includes the most recent
    OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled form, making your application
    independent of OS provided OpenSSL libraries:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

    pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on that allows writing SSL/TLS-
    aware network applications as well as certificate management tools:

    https://launchpad.net/pyopenssl/

    OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL/TLS protocol:

    http://www.openssl.org/

    NEWS

    This new release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution updates the
    included pyOpenSSL version to 0.13.0 and the included OpenSSL version
    to 1.0.0g.

    Main new features in pyOpenSSL sine 0.10.0

    * pyOpenSSL 0.11 fixes a few bugs related to error processing;
    see https://launchpad.net/pyopenssl/ announcement/7128

    * pyOpenSSL 0.12 fixes interaction with memoryviews, adds TLS
    callbacks and x509 extension introspection;
    see https://launchpad.net/pyopenssl/ announcement/8151

    * pyOpenSSL 0.13 adds OpenSSL 1.0 support (which eGenix
    contributed) and a few new APIs;
    see https://lists.launchpad.net/pyopenssl-users/msg00008.html

    Please see Jean-Paul Calderone's above announcements for more details.

    New features in OpenSSL 1.0.0g since 1.0.0a

    OpenSSL 1.0.0g fixes several vulnerabilities relative to 1.0.0a:

    http://openssl.org/news/vulnerabilities.html

    and includes a number of stability enhancements as well as extra
    protection against attacks:

    http://openssl.org/news/changelog.html

    New features in the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution

    * Updated the pyOpenSSL license information from LGPL to
    Apache License 2.0.

    * Added support for Python 2.7 on all platforms.

    * Added documentation for automatic download of egg distributions
    using compatible tools such as easy_install and zc.buildout.

    As always, we provide binaries that include both pyOpenSSL and the
    necessary OpenSSL libraries for all supported platforms:
    Windows x86 and x64, Linux x86 and x64, Mac OS X PPC, x86 and x64.

    We've also added egg-file distribution versions of our eGenix.com
    pyOpenSSL Distribution for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X to the
    available download options. These make setups using e.g. zc.buildout
    and other egg-file based installers a lot easier.

    DOWNLOADS

    The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
    be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

    UPGRADING

    Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
    you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
    you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

    SUPPORT

    Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
    Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

    for details about our support offerings.

    MORE INFORMATION

    For more information about the eGenix pyOpenSSL Distributon, licensing
    and download instructions, please visit our web-site or write to
    .

    Enjoy,

    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Feb 13 2012)

    http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Feb 13, 2012