ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg

ANNOUNCING

eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

Version 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1

An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
available on Windows and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.7.0-0.9.8h-1-GA.html

INTRODUCTION

The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python. It comes with an easy to use installer
that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled
form.

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on (http://pyopenssl.sf.net/).
OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL protocol
(http://www.openssl.org/).

* About Python:
Python is an object-oriented Open Source programming language which
runs on all modern platforms (http://www.python.org/). By integrating
ease-of-use, clarity in coding, enterprise application connectivity
and rapid application design, Python establishes an ideal programming
platform for todays IT challenges.

* About eGenix:
eGenix is a consulting and software product company focused on
providing professional quality services and products to Python
users and developers (http://www.egenix.com/).

NEWS

This is the first release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution.
It includes pyOpenSSL 0.7.0 and the OpenSSL 0.9.8h libraries on all
supported platforms.

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

UPGRADING

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

SUPPORT

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Jun 12 2008)________________________________________________________________________
2008-07-07: EuroPython 2008, Vilnius, Lithuania 24 days to go

Helmut Jarausch

eGenix said:

ANNOUNCING

eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

Version 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1

An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
available on Windows and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.7.0-0.9.8h-1-GA.html

Just to mention
downloading the source doesn't work.
Under requirements (to compile the source) there is
mxbase version >= 3.0.1 which I couldn't find on your
web server.

Many thanks,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg

Just to mention
downloading the source doesn't work.

Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into it.
Under requirements (to compile the source) there is
mxbase version >= 3.0.1 which I couldn't find on your
web server.

Right, that release is still in the queue. Hopefully, we'll
get it out today.

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Jun 13 2008)________________________________________________________________________
2008-07-07: EuroPython 2008, Vilnius, Lithuania 23 days to go

M.-A. Lemburg

Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into it.

Please try again now.
Right, that release is still in the queue. Hopefully, we'll
get it out today.

Note that eGenix mx Base 3.0.1 is only needed if you don't have ctypes
installed and then only on Unix.

The reason is that we need to explicitly load the shared libs via
dlopen() on Unix. Both ctypes and mx Base 3.0.1 provide an API for
this.

Regards,