ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Jun 12, 2008.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________

    ANNOUNCING

    eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

    Version 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1

    An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
    of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
    available on Windows and Unix platforms

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.7.0-0.9.8h-1-GA.html

    INTRODUCTION

    The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
    get started with SSL in Python. It comes with an easy to use installer
    that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled
    form.

    pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on (http://pyopenssl.sf.net/).
    OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL protocol
    (http://www.openssl.org/).

    * About Python:
    Python is an object-oriented Open Source programming language which
    runs on all modern platforms (http://www.python.org/). By integrating
    ease-of-use, clarity in coding, enterprise application connectivity
    and rapid application design, Python establishes an ideal programming
    platform for todays IT challenges.

    * About eGenix:
    eGenix is a consulting and software product company focused on
    providing professional quality services and products to Python
    users and developers (http://www.egenix.com/).

    NEWS

    This is the first release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution.
    It includes pyOpenSSL 0.7.0 and the OpenSSL 0.9.8h libraries on all
    supported platforms.

    DOWNLOADS

    The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
    be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

    UPGRADING

    Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
    you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
    you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

    SUPPORT

    Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
    Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

    for details about our support offerings.

    Enjoy,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Jun 12 2008)

    2008-07-07: EuroPython 2008, Vilnius, Lithuania 24 days to go

    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Jun 12, 2008

  2. eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

    > ANNOUNCING
    >
    > eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution
    >
    > Version 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1
    >

    > An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
    > of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
    > available on Windows and Unix platforms
    >

    > This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    > http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.7.0-0.9.8h-1-GA.html

    Just to mention
    downloading the source doesn't work.
    Under requirements (to compile the source) there is
    mxbase version >= 3.0.1 which I couldn't find on your
    web server.

    Many thanks,

    Helmut Jarausch

    Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
    RWTH - Aachen University
    D 52056 Aachen, Germany

    Helmut Jarausch, Jun 13, 2008

    Helmut Jarausch, Jun 13, 2008
  4. Re: [egenix-info] Re: ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution0.7.0-0.9.8h-1

    On 2008-06-13 09:39, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
    > eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
    >>
    >> ANNOUNCING
    >>
    >> eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution
    >>
    >> Version 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1
    >>

    >> An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
    >> of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
    >> available on Windows and Unix platforms
    >>

    >> This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    >> http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.7.0-0.9.8h-1-GA.html

    > Just to mention
    > downloading the source doesn't work.

    Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into it.

    > Under requirements (to compile the source) there is
    > mxbase version >= 3.0.1 which I couldn't find on your
    > web server.

    Right, that release is still in the queue. Hopefully, we'll
    get it out today.

    Regards,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Jun 13 2008)

    2008-07-07: EuroPython 2008, Vilnius, Lithuania 23 days to go

    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Jun 13, 2008
  5. Re: [egenix-info] Re: ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSLDistribution 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1

    On 2008-06-13 11:27, eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
    > On 2008-06-13 09:39, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
    >> eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
    >>> ________________________________________________________________________
    >>>
    >>> ANNOUNCING
    >>>
    >>> eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution
    >>>
    >>> Version 0.7.0-0.9.8h-1
    >>>

    >>> An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
    >>> of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
    >>> available on Windows and Unix platforms
    >>>

    >>> This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    >>> http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.7.0-0.9.8h-1-GA.html

    >> Just to mention
    >> downloading the source doesn't work.

    > Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into it.

    Please try again now.

    >> Under requirements (to compile the source) there is
    >> mxbase version >= 3.0.1 which I couldn't find on your
    >> web server.

    > Right, that release is still in the queue. Hopefully, we'll
    > get it out today.

    Note that eGenix mx Base 3.0.1 is only needed if you don't have ctypes
    installed and then only on Unix.

    The reason is that we need to explicitly load the shared libs via
    dlopen() on Unix. Both ctypes and mx Base 3.0.1 provide an API for
    this.

    Regards,

    M.-A. Lemburg, Jun 13, 2008