ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.8.0-0.9.8i-1

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg

ANNOUNCING

eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

Version 0.8.0-0.9.8i-1

An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
available on Windows and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.8.0-0.9.8i-1-GA.html

INTRODUCTION

The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python. It comes with an easy to use installer
that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled
form.

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on (http://pyopenssl.sf.net/)
that allows writing SSL aware networking applications as well as
certificate management tools.

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL protocol
(http://www.openssl.org/).

For more information, please see the product page:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

NEWS

This third release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution upgrades
pyOpenSSL to version 0.8, which includes a few bug fixes related to
threading.

Please note that OpenSSL, the underlying SSL engine, does not allow
sharing connections between threads. This is a little known fact which
could in the past cause pyOpenSSL to crash Python. Jean-Paul Calderone,
the maintainer of pyOpenSSL, has added fixes in 0.8 to prevent those
crashes.

We have also fixed several compiler warnings found in the code. The
version of pyOpenSSL you find in the source release has those patches
applied.

Binaries are available for Linux x86 and x64 as well as Windows x86 and
include pyOpenSSL 0.8.0 as well as the OpenSSL 0.9.8i libraries.

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

UPGRADING

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

SUPPORT

Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com