ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.9.0-0.9.8k

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Jun 11, 2009.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________

    ANNOUNCING

    eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution

    Version 0.9.0-0.9.8k

    An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
    of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
    available on Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.9.0-0.9.8k-1-GA.html

    INTRODUCTION

    The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
    get started with SSL in Python. It comes with an easy to use installer
    that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled
    form.

    pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on (http://pyopenssl.sf.net/)
    that allows writing SSL aware networking applications as well as
    certificate management tools.

    OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL protocol
    (http://www.openssl.org/).

    For more information, please see the product page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

    NEWS

    This new release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution updates the
    included pyOpenSSL version to 0.9, which includes a new fix for a
    serious problem in pyOpenSSL 0.8 related to threaded applications. It
    also comes with an important bug-fix update of OpenSSL, now at version
    0.9.8k.

    The problem causes invalid thread states in the Python interpreter
    which then result in random core dumps and seg faults when using
    pyOpenSSL 0.8.0 with multi-threaded applications.

    The new fix is slightly different than the one we included in 0.8.1
    and based on a code analysis we did together with Jean-Paul Calderone
    to track down the cause of the problem.

    Binaries are available for Linux x86 and x64 as well as Windows x86
    and Mac OS X PPC/Intel. They include both pyOpenSSL and the necessary
    OpenSSL libraries.

    For Plone users and friends of buildout scripts, we have added
    pre-built binaries for Windows. They install just like the Linux
    versions and allow easy integration of the archives into buildout
    scripts.

    For our Mac OS X users, we have included new pre-built binaries for
    Mac OS X PPC and Intel platforms.

    DOWNLOADS

    The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
    be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/

    UPGRADING

    Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
    you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
    you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

    SUPPORT

    Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
    Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

    for details about our support offerings.

    Enjoy,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Jun 11 2009)

    2009-06-29: EuroPython 2009, Birmingham, UK 17 days to go

    http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
    eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Jun 11, 2009