ANN: eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime 1.0.0

Discussion in 'Python' started by eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg, Jul 2, 2012.

  1. ________________________________________________________________________
    ANNOUNCING

    eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime

    Version 1.0.0

    An easy-to-use single file relocatable Python run-time -
    available for Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

    This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
    http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-PyRun-1.0.0.html

    INTRODUCTION

    Our new eGenix PyRun combines a Python interpreter with an almost
    complete Python standard library into a single easy-to-use
    executable, that does not require a system wide installation and
    is fully relocatable.

    eGenix PyRun's executable only needs 12MB, but still supports
    most Python application and scripts - and it can be further
    compressed to 3-4MB using gzexe or upx.

    Compared to a regular Python installation of typically 100MB on
    disk, this makes eGenix PyRun ideal for applications and scripts
    that need to be distributed to many target machines, client
    installations or customers.

    It makes "installing" Python on a Unix based system as simple as
    copying a single file.

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/

    NEWS

    This is the first public release of eGenix PyRun. We have been
    using the product internally in our mxODBC Connect Server since
    2008 with great success and have now extracted it into a
    stand-alone open-source product.

    We provide both the source archive to build your own eGenix
    PyRun, as well as provide pre-compiled binaries for Linux,
    FreeBSD and Mac OS X, for the resp. 32- and 64-bit platforms.

    Presentation at EuroPython 2012
    -------------------------------

    Marc-André, CEO of eGenix, will be giving a presentation about
    eGenix PyRun at EuroPython 2012 in Florence, Italy on Wednesday,
    July 4th in the Room Tagliatelle.

    He will also be available during the conference to answer
    questions.

    DOWNLOADS

    The download archives and instructions for installing the product
    can be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/

    SUPPORT

    Commercial support for these packages is available from eGenix.com.
    Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

    for details about our support offerings.

    MORE INFORMATION

    For more information about eGenix PyRun, licensing and download
    instructions, please visit our web-site or write to
    .

    Enjoy,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg