ANN: eric v. 3.5.0 available

Richie Hindle

[Detlev]
I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0.

Is there any chance of a free-to-use Eric on Windows via qt3-win32
(http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/)? I Googled around and
couldn't find anything.

Likewise, are there any online archives for the Eric mailing list? I
couldn't find those either (but it's Monday morning and my Google powers
are weak).

Torsten Marek

Richie said:
[Detlev]
I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0.

Is there any chance of a free-to-use Eric on Windows via qt3-win32
(http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/)? I Googled around and
couldn't find anything.

Likewise, are there any online archives for the Eric mailing list? I
couldn't find those either (but it's Monday morning and my Google powers
are weak).
Take the PyQt/PyKDE-Mailinglist, most of the eric3 stuff is handled there:

greetings

Torsten

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath

Detlev said:
Hi,

I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0. It is
available via

http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html

or

http://eric-ide.sourceforge.net

This release includes some new features and a bunch of usability
enhancements. For details see the attached release notes.

Regards
Detlev

This is a feature relase of the eric3 Python IDE. The most notable feature enhancements are:

Editor:
- multiple views to the same document
- lexer support for Perl and Bash
- automatic syntax checks of Python files upon save/open
- syntax check for Quixote page template files
- autosave feature
- limit the effect of a search and search/replace to a range of lines

Debugger:
- show contents of simple Qt-types while debugging
- add breakpoints while the debugger is executing

Python shell:
- a Python shell based on the QScintilla widget with autocompletion,
calltips and syntax highlighting

Interface:
- new dialogs to compare files
- enhanced the file/class browser
- a new window layout called "floating windows"
- a new icon set based on crystal icons

Translations:
- French translations

Others:
- improved Subversion integration
- drag and drop support
- single instance mode
- enhanced unicode support

Please note that Python versions prior to 2.2.0 are not supported anymore.

How do you change the font used to display the python shell?

--

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath,
Dept. Computing and Information Science,