ANN: eric v. 3.5.0 available

Discussion in 'Python' started by Detlev Offenbach, Oct 3, 2004.

  1. Detlev Offenbach, Oct 3, 2004

  2. [Detlev]
    > I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0.

    Is there any chance of a free-to-use Eric on Windows via qt3-win32
    (http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/)? I Googled around and
    couldn't find anything.

    Likewise, are there any online archives for the Eric mailing list? I
    couldn't find those either (but it's Monday morning and my Google powers
    are weak).

    --
    Richie Hindle
    Richie Hindle, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Richie Hindle schrieb:
    > [Detlev]
    >
    >>I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0.

    > Is there any chance of a free-to-use Eric on Windows via qt3-win32
    > (http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/)? I Googled around and
    > couldn't find anything.
    >
    > Likewise, are there any online archives for the Eric mailing list? I
    > couldn't find those either (but it's Monday morning and my Google powers
    > are weak).

    Take the PyQt/PyKDE-Mailinglist, most of the eric3 stuff is handled there:

    greetings

    Torsten
    Torsten Marek, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Detlev Offenbach wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0. It is
    > available via
    >
    > http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://eric-ide.sourceforge.net
    >
    > This release includes some new features and a bunch of usability
    > enhancements. For details see the attached release notes.
    >
    > Regards
    > Detlev

    > This is a feature relase of the eric3 Python IDE. The most notable feature enhancements are:
    >
    > Editor:
    > - multiple views to the same document
    > - lexer support for Perl and Bash
    > - automatic syntax checks of Python files upon save/open
    > - syntax check for Quixote page template files
    > - autosave feature
    > - limit the effect of a search and search/replace to a range of lines
    >
    > Debugger:
    > - show contents of simple Qt-types while debugging
    > - add breakpoints while the debugger is executing
    >
    > Python shell:
    > - a Python shell based on the QScintilla widget with autocompletion,
    > calltips and syntax highlighting
    >
    > Interface:
    > - new dialogs to compare files
    > - enhanced the file/class browser
    > - a new window layout called "floating windows"
    > - a new icon set based on crystal icons
    >
    > Translations:
    > - French translations
    >
    > Others:
    > - improved Subversion integration
    > - drag and drop support
    > - single instance mode
    > - enhanced unicode support
    >
    > Please note that Python versions prior to 2.2.0 are not supported anymore.

    How do you change the font used to display the python shell?

    --

    Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath,
    Dept. Computing and Information Science,
    Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath, Oct 7, 2004
  5. Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath wrote:
    > Detlev Offenbach wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0. It is
    >> available via
    >>
    >> http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> http://eric-ide.sourceforge.net
    >>
    >> This release includes some new features and a bunch of usability
    >> enhancements. For details see the attached release notes.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Detlev

    >> This is a feature relase of the eric3 Python IDE. The most notable
    >> feature enhancements are:
    >>
    >> Editor:
    >> - multiple views to the same document
    >> - lexer support for Perl and Bash
    >> - automatic syntax checks of Python files upon save/open
    >> - syntax check for Quixote page template files
    >> - autosave feature
    >> - limit the effect of a search and search/replace to a range of lines
    >>
    >> Debugger:
    >> - show contents of simple Qt-types while debugging
    >> - add breakpoints while the debugger is executing
    >>
    >> Python shell:
    >> - a Python shell based on the QScintilla widget with autocompletion,
    >> calltips and syntax highlighting
    >>
    >> Interface:
    >> - new dialogs to compare files
    >> - enhanced the file/class browser
    >> - a new window layout called "floating windows"
    >> - a new icon set based on crystal icons
    >>
    >> Translations:
    >> - French translations
    >>
    >> Others:
    >> - improved Subversion integration
    >> - drag and drop support
    >> - single instance mode
    >> - enhanced unicode support
    >>
    >> Please note that Python versions prior to 2.2.0 are not supported
    >> anymore.

    > How do you change the font used to display the python shell?

    It's just that each line overwrites half the height of the previous line.

    Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath, Oct 7, 2004