ANN: eric3 3.4 released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Detlev Offenbach, Apr 3, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I have just uploaded the new release of eric3 (version 3.4). This release
    features the following enhancements compared to version 3.3.1.

    - It comes with it's own source documentation generator.
    - Support for Quixote PTL files.
    - Capability to generate various UML-like diagrams from the source code.
    - Interface to the cyclops cycles finder (a copy of cyclops is included).
    - Import/Export of keyboard shortcuts.
    - A QRegExp and a Python regexp wizard.

    a bunch of smaller usability enhancements, lots of bug fixes and internal
    changes.

    It is available via http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html.

    Upgrade notice: Starting with this release only XML project files are
    supported. Please make sure to save existing project in the XML format
    before installing the new release. Alternatively you may download a
    conevrsion tool from the contributions page.

    What is it?
    -----------
    Eric 3.4 (or short eric3) is a Python IDE written using PyQt and
    QScintilla. It has integrated project management capabilities, it gives
    you an unlimited number of editors, an integrated Python shell, an
    integrated debugger and much more.

    Please see for yourself by visiting the a.m. page (it contains a picture
    of Eric our mascot as well).

    Please report bugs, feature wishes or code contributions to

    Help wanted!!
    I really need some support in the area of more translations and user
    documentation. Any volunteers out there? Just let me know.

    Regards,Detlev
    --
    Detlev Offenbach

    Detlev Offenbach, Apr 3, 2004