[ANN] FAM-Ruby 0.2.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Paul Duncan, Dec 20, 2006.

  1. Paul Duncan

    Paul Duncan Guest

    --E0IhBwMLbrMClE+H

    Hi everyone. I just released version 0.2.0 of FAM-Ruby, my Ruby
    bindings for FAM (http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/). =20

    FAM (File Alteration Monitor) is a cross-platform API that allows
    applications to monitor specific files and directories for changes in an
    efficient and portable manner.

    This release of FAM-Ruby includes updated documentation, several bug
    fixes, and support for Gamin (http://gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/), a
    Gnome library that is compatible with a subset of FAM. =20

    Files
    =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
    * Project Page: http://pablotron.org/software/fam-ruby/
    * Download: http://pablotron.org/files/fam-ruby-0.2.0.tar.gz
    * Signature: http://pablotron.org/files/fam-ruby-0.2.0.tar.gz.asc
    * Gem: http://pablotron.org/files/gems/fam-ruby-0.2.0.gem
    * Gem Signature: http://pablotron.org/files/gems/fam-ruby-0.2.0.gem.asc
    * API Reference: http://pablotron.org/software/fam-ruby/doc/

    Note: The gem will be available in the main RubyForge gem repository
    shortly; if you can't wait, feel free to grab it directly from the URL
    above. The FAM-Ruby 0.2.0 gem also uses RubyGems' (relatively) new
    gem signing feature. which I encourage everyone to use.

    Special thanks for this release goes to David Lutterkort, who caught a
    subtle memory leak, wrote the initial Gamin support, and tried in vain
    to get me to rename FAM-Ruby to Gamin-Ruby :).

    Questions and comments can be directed to the email address below.

    --=20
    Paul Duncan <> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
    http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

    --E0IhBwMLbrMClE+H

    --E0IhBwMLbrMClE+H--

    Paul Duncan, Dec 20, 2006