[ANN] FastCST 3.0 (Now w/ meta-data, get, and put)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Zed A. Shaw, Mar 13, 2005.

  1. Zed A. Shaw

    Zed A. Shaw Guest

    Hi All,

    Just a quick announcement to say that I've put up another release of
    FastCST for interested folks to play with:

    http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/fastcst

    Fast Change Set Tool (FastCST, pronounced "fascist") is an experimental
    changeset tool I'm writing in Ruby. It uses suffix arrays to create
    deltas and supports meta-data and simple distribution of changesets.

    This 0.3 version supports:

    * Full YAML based meta-data for the changesets. Check out
    http://www.zedshaw.com/fastcst/ruby-snapshot.yaml for an example.
    * A "get" command that will get a changeset based on a meta-data file
    and apply to a directory.
    - There's an example which let's you move a Ruby 1.8.2 source tree
    to the nightly snapshot.
    * A "put" command which will log into an FTP site and put a changeset
    online.
    * Files are MD5 digested before applied to help detect alteration (don't
    trust it yet though since someone can just change the meta-data).

    The get and put commands deal only with the meta-data file, so they
    aren't too cumbersome.

    Please play with it if you have time and let me know what you think.

    Zed A. Shaw
    Zed A. Shaw, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Re: FastCST 3.0 (Now w/ meta-data, get, and put)

    perhaps you should consider changing the name, it 'sounds' badly.

    -g.
    George Moschovitis, Mar 14, 2005