[ANN] ffi-wiiuse 0.1.0

Andrea Fazzi

ffi-wiiuse version 0.1.0
by Andrea Fazzi
http://github.com/remogatto/ffi-wiiuse/tree/master

== DESCRIPTION

ffi-wiiuse is a ruby wrapper around wiiuse, a C library that handles
the connection with Nintendo Wiimote devices. The binding is based on
ruby FFI so it doesn't need any compilation step. Please, note that
ffi-wiiuse API is a mere translation of wiiuse C API: no idiomatic
ruby inside!

== CHANGES

* 1 major enhancement
* Birthday!

== FEATURES

* full wrap around wiiuse C API
* support for:
* buttons
* motion sensing
* IR tracking
* expansion devices: nunchuk, classic controller, Guitar Hero 3
controller
* based on FFI so it doesn't need compilation
* Ruby 1.9.1 compatible

== SYNOPSIS

See examples/example.rb.

== REQUIREMENTS

* ffi >= 0.3.0 (development version)
* wiiuse C library

== INSTALL

git clone git://github.com/remogatto/ffi-wiiuse.git
cd ffi-wiiuse
sudo rake gem:install

James Britt

Andrea said:
ffi-wiiuse version 0.1.0
by Andrea Fazzi
http://github.com/remogatto/ffi-wiiuse/tree/master

== DESCRIPTION

ffi-wiiuse is a ruby wrapper around wiiuse, a C library that handles
the connection with Nintendo Wiimote devices. The binding is based on
ruby FFI so it doesn't need any compilation step. Please, note that
ffi-wiiuse API is a mere translation of wiiuse C API: no idiomatic
ruby inside!

Very cool. I've been using wiiusej with JRuby and liking it.

http://code.google.com/p/wiiusej/

Big upside to wiiusej for me is monster ease of making Wii GUI apps
using JRuby + Monkeybars. :)

But I will definitely look at this.

Thanks,

James Britt