[ANN] First gathering of #ruby-pro on 27th of June, 23:00 UT

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Stefan Rusterholz, Jun 25, 2008.

  1. I'm proud to announce that #ruby-pro will be holding its first gathering
    on Friday.
    #ruby-pro is an IRC channel[1] on irc.freenode.org where experienced and
    advanced Ruby coders can meet and talk, and
    where less experienced Rubyists can watch and learn.
    One of #ruby-pro's aims is to spread knowledge. To that end we hold
    gatherings
    where several topics are presented, each by a host and each in the
    format the host of that topic considers best.

    The topics of the June 27 gathering will be:
    - BreezeForms: a library to deal with webforms
    - Treetop: Parse anything from configuration files to programming
    languages
    - git: tutorial, walkthrough and demo through the distributed revision
    control software
    - EventMachine: general walkthrough, some example apps, and a sampling
    of the “really fast†stuff

    Planned time for the topics is 45 minutes total. If we should exceed one
    hour, subsequent topics can be postponed to the next gathering to allow
    us to give them full and fair treatment.

    Since this is the first gathering it has the touch of the experimental.
    We don't know yet how it will work out. But we invite everybody
    wholeheartedly to join, listen and discuss afterwards.

    To join the gathering, join #ruby-pro-gathering on irc.freenode.net at
    23:00 UTC.
    If you're new to IRC, the wikipedia entry lists some software for
    different platforms.

    More information about #ruby-pro is available on http://ruby-pro.org

    Regards
    Stefan Rusterholz ("apeiros")

    1: Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet chat or
    synchronous conferencing.
    It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums
    called channels, but also
    allows one-to-one communication via private message, as well as chat
    and data transfers via
    Direct Client-to-Client.
    For more information, see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

    Stefan Rusterholz, Jun 25, 2008

  2. Re: [ANN] First gathering of #ruby-pro on 27th of June, 23:0

    Small reminder to those interested: The gathering will take place in
    less than one hour
    (23:00 UTC).
    If you got troubles got troubles joining the channel, just ask here.

    Regards
    Stefan Rusterholz (aka apeiros)

    Stefan Rusterholz, Jun 27, 2008

  3. Re: [ANN] First gathering of #ruby-pro on 27th of June, 23:0

    And a last minute notice: ruby-pro.org might be down several times
    before 23.00 utc since I prepare demo code. Just retry 5min later.

    Stefan Rusterholz, Jun 27, 2008